Need TUNING HELP with new Alpine IVA-D900 HU

Participant count
  • Participant list

mav2002
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
I need some help tuning my audio setup....still trying to figure out how to use the new Alpine IVA-D900 I got installed. I have the setup in my signature with the new HU installed as of today. I'm trying to figure out the following settings:

For the "bass engine", what do I set the "bass center frequency" to? 60, 70, 80, 90, or 100 Hz? I have it set at 70 Hz right now.

What about the "treble center frequency"? 10, 12.5, 15, or 17.5 kHz? I have it at 10kHz right now.

What about the High Pass Filter (HPF) and Low Pass Filter (LPF)? Right now, I have both set at OFF. But, I can set the HPF to 80, 120, or 160 Hz. And I can send the HPF to the same. Any suggestions?

Thanks, in advance

for the bass/treble frequency play around with it and see what sounds good to u, id prob choose 80 for bass and 12.5 for treble

i set my LPF to 80hz and HP 160hz

for the bass/treble frequency play around with it and see what sounds good to u, id prob choose 80 for bass and 12.5 for treblei set my LPF to 80hz and HP 160hz
Desi,

Thanks for the suggestions. My main problem is that on some rap songs, the "highs" are TOO high. I know that is odd for a rap song, and maybe i'm not explaining it properly, but I think it's one of the drums (it sounds like a really loud clap) that beats constantly through some of the songs (like on "Ghost" by 2Pac). I will try your settings to see if it helps.

for the bass/treble frequency play around with it and see what sounds good to u, id prob choose 80 for bass and 12.5 for treblei set my LPF to 80hz and HP 160hz
Good call on the "bass" and "treble", but it looks like the LPF and HPF are for the subs only, not the front and rear comps. I think the controls for the cross-overs are actually on my Phoenix Gold T600.4 amp, which are set at 110Hz. Sounds pretty good. But looks like they are running the sub amp from my front/rear comps amp, instead of right from the HU. They said it's because the remote bass control has more range for controlling the bass, than the HU. Probably true, but I think I like an individual bass control from the HU vs. the remote bass control knob. Any suggestions?

Thanks

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.