Need to figure out the best way to go wiring up a highs amp

Participant count
  • Participant list

c_elliott

So my set up as of now is this...

-Pioneer 6600bt hu Pioneer DEH-X6600BT CD receiver at Crutchfield.com

-Pioneer TS-G644R all around Pioneer TS-G1644R 6-1/2" 2-way car speakers — for 6-1/2" and 6-3/4" openings at Crutchfield.com

-Pioneer GM-D8601 Pioneer GM-D8601 Mono subwoofer amplifier — 800 watts RMS at 1 ohm at Crutchfield.com

-1 Kicker l5 12 dvc 2 ohm. 600 rms

I'm looking at adding a Pioneer GM-A4604 for the highs. Pioneer GM-A4604 4-channel car amplifier — 40 watts RMS x 4 at Crutchfield.com

I do have a couple questions before I get into this. I've never done a highs amp. Since my hu only has 2 rca outs, which one is being used for the sub. 4 channel amps use 2 outs, correct? So 1. do I run the one set back and then run a splitter to use all channels on the amp?

Now my 2nd question. I am running the recommended 4 gauge to the mono amp, with a 100a inline fuse. The 4 chan amp uses 8 gauge wire. Do they make a distribution block that goes 4 in to a 4 and 8 out? Also am I looking at running another inline fuse?

If I have to I'll just go to crutchfield and have them redo everything for me. As much as I don't want to. Any suggestions or answers here guys before I venture that route?

the amp has an option for 4 channel input or 2 channel input. so you can just use the front RCA outputs to the mid/highs amp and the rear RCA outputs to the sub amp (then use fader to help sub level blend).

yes, you can get a distribution block - you don't need it to be fused since the amp has fuses.

Should I add a toggle switch to remote wire to the mono amp? Asking this since if I hook up the 4ch amp the right way I lose the ability to cut the subs on and off through the headunit. And if I do then it will cut off the highs on that channel also.

My other question is when doing the 4 chan amp How much speaker wire is a safe amount to get if I'm mounting the amp in the back with the mono amp? 2002 durango with 3rd row (not up or used, will stay down)

you can still control the signal using the fader on the head unit and you won't lose any sub level control you already have.

figure 20 feet per speaker of wire - since you have to take factory wire paths.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.