Need suggestions

Participant count
  • Participant list

JimAdler

CarAudio.com Newbie
I just bought a single 3000w 12 and trying to figure out the best amp for it. Whether mono block or 2 channel, can’t really decide. Because of my carpentry skills I’m going to be building a box for it. Think I’ve figured out how I wanna build it, but I’m open to suggestions considering this will be my first speaker box to construct.

The more you add to your thread, the more we can offer. List the sub, (not sure if you know RMS vs peak/max, since not all do). Probably @ 1ohm, but the specs will help or a link. You can go over RMS, but how much is a variable. I would suggest looking at amps that can do more than what you want, and dialing it down as needed.

There are speaker box designers/builders on here. There are plenty of sites that have directions, and designs. The more you share on this from your: materials, build design, enclosure design, frequency then there's a lot of help to be had there.

How about electrical? If that's 3,000w RMS, and even if it's not, you're going to need better than stock electrical.

Monoblock all the way...bridging 2 channels for a sub is kinda pointless these days unless it's what you got on hand imo
This...

State which subwoofer you bought and what the impedance is. I can't recommend an amp(s) without knowing more information...

Are you wanting to build a sealed or ported box? If ported, I would never recommend using a tuning frequency above 32 Hz for a 12" (unless you're an SPL competitor).

What is the Brand and Model of the sub that you have? You have a sub.. Run a mono amplifier. Power is Cheap these days. Take advantage of the Sales going on at the moment or Id wait until Christmas Sales to get a good deal.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...