Need Suggestions for Front Door Speakers and Pillar Tweeters

Participant count
  • Participant list

putnefj

SC
Hello and thanks for any input you can provide...

I have a 2007 GMC Sierra with a factory head unit (not Bose system). My front door speakers bit the dust several years back and I bought these Kicker DS65s from Crutchfield (https://www.crutchfield.com/S-OWOq8geJDuI/p_206DS65/Kicker-DS65.html) as cheap replacements. Fast forward 4 years and now my back door speakers and pillar tweeters are dead and I am looking for the best options that will sound good (or as good as possible) with my factory head and no after market amp.

I am working on a budget of maximum $150 (don't laugh...) and have looked at more speakers and sites than I care to admit over the last week. I'm getting lost in a sea of web tabs so I've given up to ask for help! My idea is to move those kickers to the rear doors and buy new, decent front door speakers and pillar tweeters. Because of good marketing and claims that they are designed to do well with factory heads, I am currently trying to decide between a combination of either...

Door Speakers - JBL Club 6520 (Link Below) ($55 on Amazon)

Pillar Tweeters - JBL Club 780T (Link Below) ($45 on Amazon)

Club 6520 | 16.5 cm 2-way coaxial speakers

Club 750t | Dome tweeters

OR...

Door Speakers - JBL GTO629 (Link Below) ($75 on Amazon)

Pillar Tweeters - JBL GTO19T (Link Below) ($40 on Amazon)

GTO629 | 180-Watt, Two-Way 5" x 7" Speaker System

GTO19T | 135-watt, 3/4" stand-alone component tweeter

In my basic understanding of things, it appears that the GTO series would give nicer speakers but the lack of an amp may make the Club line a better choice? If y'all had to decide between these what would you do? Is there another combo that you would strongly suggest?

Thanks for any help or advice to my situation. I'm in my truck a lot and listen to a lot of talk radio or music. I'd love to drop some real cash on a better system but after my wife and daughter are done with me, there's more month than money!

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.