need specs for a oldschool earthquake 480 uhc amp

Participant count
  • Participant list
Was offered to me
Keith (believe that's his name) offered me the same thing (among many other things). You're definitely not going to get the "9600 watts" out of it that he claims it does. It's class AB, so it's going to be SUPER power hungry aka more than a class D power hungry amp aka you better have a decent upgraded electrical system (Couple Batts, HO alt, etc) to support whatever it does. Doubt you're going to find any more information on it other than the above post and mine. Some guy called earthquake and they had no idea what the specs were on it (could have just been the wrong employee with the lack of knowledge). No idea if it's even worth some $$ or just an amp that they made a few of and then decided they were garbage.

If either of you trade for it I would buy it. I have a thing for old earthquakes. First amp I bought lol, Not actually a very good amp in my opinion and 9600I watts? That's just stupid. I remember one of those amps running 2out v1 w6’s ok, but not even close to maxing them out

If either of you trade for it I would buy it. I have a thing for old earthquakes. First amp I bought lol, Not actually a very good amp in my opinion and 9600I watts? That's just stupid. I remember one of those amps running 2out v1 w6’s ok, but not even close to maxing them out
I probably won't be trading for it, but I'll try to get some pictures for ya. Guy wants to trade $500 worth of stuff for it and will probably value it at more than that because there aren't many around/seems to think used things are worth retail from previous emails and doesn't seem to know an awful lot about car audio. Definitely not going to get 9k or anything close to that out of it.

@garychoffmann

earth480uhc1_zpsdaf3da13.jpg

earth480uhc2_zps3ff4f94c.jpg

earth480uhc3_zpsc3bd54d3.jpg

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.