Need speakers for a '95 Blazer..

Participant count
  • Participant list

Captain_Ahab
5,000+ posts

BUCK FAMA
Da Dirty Souf
My headunit is a Pioneer 6700...I currently have a 15" Kicker L7 Solo-baric as a sub, but still have factory speakers.. The solo-baric slams pretty hard, and at times its hard to actually hear the song with the bass.. I was wondering if I needed to replace all 4 door speakers, or just the front 2 ?There is a place for dash speakers, but no sound comes from them so I dont guess I have any, lol... I really don't want to have to buy an amp for the speakers, seeing as how my eletrical system barely holds up with my 1000-watt amp. Would there be a fairly noticeable difference from my factory to aftermarket speakers running just off my headunit? I want to spend under $150 for the speakers.. Anyone have any recommendations?

My headunit is a Pioneer 6700...I currently have a 15" Kicker L7 Solo-baric as a sub, but still have factory speakers.. The solo-baric slams pretty hard, and at times its hard to actually hear the song with the bass.. I was wondering if I needed to replace all 4 door speakers, or just the front 2 ?There is a place for dash speakers, but no sound comes from them so I dont guess I have any, lol... I really don't want to have to buy an amp for the speakers, seeing as how my eletrical system barely holds up with my 1000-watt amp. Would there be a fairly noticeable difference from my factory to aftermarket speakers running just off my headunit? I want to spend under $150 for the speakers.. Anyone have any recommendations?
You will notice a decent amount of an "upgrade" from new speakers. If you get them I suggest you put bass blockers or a crossover on them so you dont distort them too much. In my experience co axles soud best off a HU over a comp set. Try out some eclipse, cadience, or boston coaxles. Those get fairly loud and stay pretty clean. Use your $150 on the front and upgrade the back at a later time.

i was in the same situation as you(same car and everything) exepct i had a brahma 15".

anyways, for the price the best speakers i found where the pioneer premier d601p's awesome awesome speakers, very clear for the price and had NO problem keeping up with the brahma, even at extreme volumes. you could get two pairs for 150 shipped, maybe a little more.

or you could just spend the whole 150 on one set of 6.5" comp's but i wouldnt really reccomend running them of just the head unit. however the pioneer's run very well of a head unit.

so take your pick!

http://www.pioneerelectronics.com/pna/product/detail/0,,2076_4067_192089293,00.html

btw, ebay the pioneer's youll find great deal's.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.