dilemma. CDT components or Infinity Kappas?

Hey all! I have a pair of Infinity Kappa 652.5i 2-ways and a pair of CDT HD-62 components lying around from my previous cars. I just bought a 99 Corolla and I'd like to throw a pair of these in the car. I will be amping them, but if I go with the components, I WILL NOT be using the tweeters because I don't want to make any holes in this car (my uncle paid for half of it). Anyways, I will sell off the pair that I dont use.

You guys think I should just throw the Kappas in there and sell off the CDT components? Or put in the CDTs, keep the tweeters/crossover around, and sell the Kappas?

Any suggestions are greatly appreciated! Thanks! //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/up2something.gif.dd110ecf3ae4b76050d87598f2f8de7c.gif

but if I go with the components, I WILL NOT be using the tweeters because I don't want to make any holes in this car (my uncle paid for half of it).
So, if you went with the components, what would you use for the higher frequencies ??

And you do realize it takes all of about 10 minutes and a little ingenuity to build a tweeter bridge for the comp set, so that the tweeter is mounted "co-axially" with the mid? No hole cutting would be necessary.

Or you can use the tweeter pods that came with them and velcrow them where you want them //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

And u do realize it takes all of about 10 minutes and a little ingenuity to build a tweeter bridge for the comp set, so that the tweeter is mounted "co-axially" with the mid? No hole cutting would be necessary.
I'm sorry, what is a tweeter bridge? I've searched around and have seen it mentioned elsewhere, but no explanations. Also, lets say I were to sell off the CDT's...whats a fair price? They were in my truck for only 4 months (I only had the truck for 6 months before I sold it). I still have the tweeters and crossovers along with the box. Everything is in pristine condition.

Model: HD-62

6.5" 2-way

Midrange: 6.5" Cast

Crossover: SatNet-560i "Transient Optimized" Elliptic 4th order 2-way

Tweeter: 1" silk soft dome

Power handling: 175 watt RMS

Frequency response: 55-20kHz

Sensitivity: 92.6 dB.

Impedance: 4 Ohm

Surface & flush mount tweeter

I'm sorry, what is a tweeter bridge? I've searched around and have seen it mentioned elsewhere, but no explanations. Also, lets say I were to sell off the CDT's...whats a fair price? They were in my truck for only 4 months (I only had the truck for 6 months before I sold it). I still have the tweeters and crossovers along with the box. Everything is in pristine condition.
Model: HD-62

6.5" 2-way

Midrange: 6.5" Cast

Crossover: SatNet-560i "Transient Optimized" Elliptic 4th order 2-way

Tweeter: 1" silk soft dome

Power handling: 175 watt RMS

Frequency response: 55-20kHz

Sensitivity: 92.6 dB.

Impedance: 4 Ohm

Surface & flush mount tweeter
This is a type of bridge

ES-630_crop.gif

Are there any instructions on building this somewhere on this forum? Sorry for being a pain, but I cant find anything relevant.

Probly not, you really have 2 options. Buy a pair (CDT sells them) or make some out of 1/4 or equivlent MDF.

Honestly though the velcrow will work perfectly.

or make some out of 1/4 or equivlent MDF.
Or metal stock or metal strips that you can find at home depot.

This is where the "ingeniuty" part comes in //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Or metal stock or metal strips that you can find at home depot.
This is where the "ingeniuty" part comes in //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif
Definatly.

To original poster...

I have owned a pair of kappa perfects, I currently own the HD-62 set...go with the CDTs. Much smoother tweet, better x-overs, and the mids sound amazing with 150rms on them. I truly beleive that they are a better set then the infinitys.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.