Need speakers fast, gotta help Pops out!

Spud2388
10+ year member

"The Spud-n-ator"
Well, i had to drive my dads 2000 dodge dakota for a couple days while my sister had mine:( while hers was getting repainted. I knew he had stock speakers, so i didn't blast them, but somehow, i blew the driver side speaker.//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/furious.gif.fc81ca146dbff91fede3ed290dbc4f4c.gif So i need some speakers that are 6.5" and i can get for around $60 bucks (internet will work). Hes a big fan of having the sound fill the cabin, so i figured i will change the rears as well, cause they ****. This is going to be a birthday present to him. This is some i was looking at:

Infinity Reference Alpine S CDT CL-6x
Any more?

FYI- His birthday is OCT, 25 //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/naughty.gif.94359f346c0f1259df8038d60b41863e.gif need 'em quick!

If he likes the CDT's go with them.

I work at circuit city. Personally, I don't like the way any of the infinitys sound. They're also the most common seller, even the perfect comps we special order sometimes. But then again, I'm not your dad.

In my sister's '00 dodge durango, the stock infinity component speakers, ALL the surround came loose from the frames of the mids!!!! (she blames my nephew) I replaced the fronts with some Boston coax I had laying around and did the same thing you're doing now, shopping for the rear set.

I found CC had a REALLY nice pair of pioneer maybe?? Too late for front install. They had yellow cones, that I remember. Since it was for rear fill, I ended up with a much cheaper Jensen pair that sounded pretty good from BB.

If your dad already has the premium sound, just grab some coax replacements, especially if you aren't going to amp them.

well from experience..dont get alpine type s...didnt like them at all...lack mids and can get harsh at high volumes (if ur dad ever turns up the volume)...

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.