Need speaker that will handle 200+ watts.

2006F150Screw
10+ year member

Looking for a pair of 6.5" comp speakers that will handle 200+ watts rms. I just blew one side of my front comp speakers. I am using an Audison Lrx-2.500 amp that is pushing 200 w per channel @ 4 ohms.

I am looking to spend around $500 or so and am looking for clean, clear, and crisp SQ, so preferrably a silk tweeter.

So please give me recommendations on something that you have personally heard or use.

Which dynaudio looked at both the 240 mkII and 240 gt and both are only rated at 100 w rms. My previous speakers were the Rainbow Germs also rated at 100 w rms and 160 w peak and still blew one of them so now I'm skeptical unless they are rated or intended for 200 watts.

Looking for a pair of 6.5" comp speakers that will handle 200+ watts rms. I just blew one side of my front comp speakers. I am using an Audison Lrx-2.500 amp that is pushing 200 w per channel @ 4 ohms.
I am looking to spend around $500 or so and am looking for clean, clear, and crisp SQ, so preferrably a silk tweeter.

So please give me recommendations on something that you have personally heard or use.

Bummer to hear that. I am close to installing my new Germs in the Tahoe, and I have a Zed Duece that puts out over 200W a side. Guess I'll have to be more carefull than I am with the BO pros in my truck. I thought the Germs could take 200 or so.....

Boston Acoustics Z-Series. I can tell you where to get them for just a bit over $500, but I'm not one for shameless plugs. They are rated to handle up to 400 watts each! If you're interested, I'll tell you where you can get them. Otherwise, retail, they are around $1000/pair.

Which dynaudio looked at both the 240 mkII and 240 gt and both are only rated at 100 w rms. My previous speakers were the Rainbow Germs also rated at 100 w rms and 160 w peak and still blew one of them so now I'm skeptical unless they are rated or intended for 200 watts.
im giving mine well over 200. and they are the mw160's woofers. trust they can handle power.

The Dyns wouldnt fit the budget, although-yes they will take and love gobs of power. I personally fed a Arc 2500XXK just to the midbasses... //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.