Need Speaker Replacements

Participant count
  • Participant list
I currently have Image Dynamics XS-65's and I blew one out. Absolutely love these speakers and the mid bass they produce but they're discontinued and I don't want to spend $700 for Steven's sa6-cs since this is now my work vehicle. I'm looking for a good pair of components with decent mid bass for about $450. Any help would be appreciated.

I currently have Image Dynamics XS-65's and I blew one out. Absolutely love these speakers and the mid bass they produce but they're discontinued and I don't want to spend $700 for Steven's sa6-cs since this is now my work vehicle. I'm looking for a good pair of components with decent mid bass for about $450. Any help would be appreciated.
Why not just replace the midbass?

The stereo integrity tm65mkiv is a midbass heavy option

Or for the real cheap silverflutes do remarkably well with larger tweeters. Ideally low passed at 2600hz or lower.

The xs28 tweeter should be fine crossed at 2600hz and up

Why not just replace the midbass?

The stereo integrity tm65mkiv is a midbass heavy option

Or for the real cheap silverflutes do remarkably well with larger tweeters. Ideally low passed at 2600hz or lower.

The xs28 tweeter should be fine crossed at 2600hz and up

You don't run the Silver Flutes. Take that shitt somewhere else genius. Recommend shitt that you currently run. Nobody wants your opinions blinky. We like facts here.

I'll be going passive with crossovers

I'd check your passive crossovers and see what frequency they low pass at then see if you can find a mid to match up with it

3500hz is common lpf for passives and while silverflutes play ok up to 3500hz I prefer them crossed lower.

The tm65mkiv would be fine up to 3500 as would the Stevens.

Purifi makes a badass 6.5 midbass but they are damn expensive. The real trick is finding a midbass heavy mid that can still play smoothly up to 3500hz or so

You cannot go wrong with Morel Tempo Ultra 602 2-way components. They have a very punchy mid-bass and the tweets are amazing. You can get them for under $375 with free shipping on EBay and they would be sold by an authorized Morel dealer.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...