Need some tweet suggestions

Participant count
  • Participant list
honestly ive used muli tweeters and as long as they where pointed towards my ears very close together ive had no problems.. i know its anal with tweeters expically but you said you had the skill i figured you could make it happen..

i hate to suggest anything becasue i know you want the topend boosted and not many tweeters are going to handl the power and beable to be boosted..

this is why i was hoping to make these PA tweets work. what i have to work with for the install is my current MDF rings, non-hardening clay, madisound sound dispersion pads for behind the woofers, some second skin (50-100 sq.ft. maybe), second skin liquid, and for the hardware i have my old ass 9800BT with its 13? band eq and TA, memphis 16x03 to cross, and PG xenon 200.4 for amplification. i really cant afford to be forking out money for other things. everything listed ive had for years (second skin, madisound pads were never installed). given my mediocre processing, i didnt really want to jump into a nightmare of trying to setup multiple tweeters if i can avoid it.

whitedragon,

when you speak of the Seas Neo Textiles, are you referring to these?

https://www.madisound.com/store/product_info.php?products_id=1466

Also, does anyone have any input on the "bestsellers" under all tweeters at madisound? forget #1, i dont have $2,900 lol, but some of the others look promising. in particular, the one i listed above. its pushing the upper limit for price for me, but it seems like it would be worth it.

whitedragon,
when you speak of the Seas Neo Textiles, are you referring to these?

https://www.madisound.com/store/product_info.php?products_id=1466

Also, does anyone have any input on the "bestsellers" under all tweeters at madisound? forget #1, i dont have $2,900 lol, but some of the others look promising. in particular, the one i listed above. its pushing the upper limit for price for me, but it seems like it would be worth it.
Yes, but in general anything by Vifa, Peerless, LPG, or Seas will be a great buy.

For LPG's I loved my 25NFA's. I had them in my old car almost 4 months ago and I just sold them reluctantly. They get very loud and detailed off of HU power alone, but they dont get harsh. They are nice and airy. I had them about 45* off axis in the tops of my door panels ran passive.

yeah, ive never had anything other than metal domes, im interested in trying some textiles. and with tweets like those seas, i could easily mount them on axis...although something that sounds nice off axis would be good as well.

yeah, im really diggin these seas. any idea on a good woofer to match with a 2-way setup? i liked my CMX kicks' midbass. if i could find something like them that'd give me less issues, that'd be awesome.

i was looking at a few pro audio drivers over at partsexpress but i was concerned about mounting depth. i dont know how much i have to work with off the top of my head, but i cant imagine its a whole lot.

yeah, im really diggin these seas. any idea on a good woofer to match with a 2-way setup? i liked my CMX kicks' midbass. if i could find something like them that'd give me less issues, that'd be awesome.
i was looking at a few pro audio drivers over at partsexpress but i was concerned about mounting depth. i dont know how much i have to work with off the top of my head, but i cant imagine its a whole lot.
Size?

oh sorry, 6.5. same power to work with again, 240w. like i said, im unsure about depth. i had my cmx kicks in with a 1" mdf baffle and they fit just fine. i want to reduce the baffle though, because my panels do not fit on correctly. if i can manage to get the baffle to line up with the pseudospeaker grill thats part of the panel, perhaps i can just cut that out. but i dont know if this will be possible without checking it out.

not 6.5, but im sure i could make it work
Selenium 6W4P 6" Woofer | Parts-Express.com

only problem is those massive magnets. ive heard some talk about these though, theyre supposed to be pretty good.
Those are good.

Again most anything by Vifa, Selenium, Morel, Dayton, and Peerless are good DIY speakers for mids.

Peerless 835004 SDS 6-1/2" Woofer 4 Ohm | Parts-Express.com

Peerless 830875 6-1/2" Nomex Cone HDS Woofer | Parts-Express.com

Dayton DC160-8 6-1/2" Classic Woofer | Parts-Express.com

Yeah, I saw those mentioned in another thread...not sure if it was you or not. I believe the person said the Seleniums **** lol. I haven't seen much feedback other than that though :/

Those little 25-50w Vifa/Seas/etc stuff isnt where you need to be. Its the same kind of stuff you have now.

I have some DB Drive bullet tweeters for sale. They are like 101db efficient, 4ohm, and are 100rms. Brand new. Bought them on impulse, and 4ohm wont work for my setup. I paid $25 each, so Im looking for that much + shipping. PM me if you want pictures. They are only around 1.6" deep.

Those little 25-50w Vifa/Seas/etc stuff isnt where you need to be. Its the same kind of stuff you have now.
I have some DB Drive bullet tweeters for sale. They are like 101db efficient, 4ohm, and are 100rms. Brand new. Bought them on impulse, and 4ohm wont work for my setup. I paid $25 each, so Im looking for that much + shipping. PM me if you want pictures. They are only around 1.6" deep.
first, your tellin me how great they are; now that u got something for sale, youre trash talking them? //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/eyebrow.gif.fe2c18d8720fe8c7eaed347b21ea05a5.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.