Need some tweet suggestions

Participant count
  • Participant list

Big Ry
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
Im in need of new tweets. I initially decided to pick up some Selenium PA supertweets, but I didnt realize they were quite that big before I purchased them. I dont think im going to be able to fit these in without a glass mod which I just do not have the money for. I will either return them or use them in a tailgate setup //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/veryhappy.gif.fec4fed33b4a1279cf10bdd45a039dae.gif So I am hoping someone can recommend a good reasonably sized PA tweet or perhaps a not-totally-overpriced car audio tweet thats fairly efficient. I have 240W on tap per channel...far more than enough, but I tend to prefer louder highs than most people. I have some semi-nuked CMX kicks in now running active, but even when they were 100% I still was not satisfied. The closest I've come to being satisfied on the high end output was my MBQ premiums I had in my blazer years ago. They got nasty loud, but the aluminum domes hissed a bit and got rather painful at times lol. The rainbow aluminums weren't harsh at all, just not loud enough for me. So what would you suggest as a decent bang-for-your-buck tweet?

sounds to me like your another one of those people who simply don't understand the physics and acoustics around audio..

stop looking for the more efficient tweeter and the type of material. chances are you love extremely boosted topend.. most people mistake this for detail.. the truth is your simply driving the speaker much too close to its limit and your looking for something with a natural peak around 16 to 20k..

ill be the first to say 1 set of tweeters simply won't satisify you.. your going to need 2 or maybe 3 tweeters per side..

you could start with something like a pair of vifa BC25TG19-04..

a pair of those should beable to get pretty **** loud Id say..

also might i add im in a similar boat.. i love the airy topend and output but hate the nasty sound of the thin metal tweeters there just not very natural.. i have the CDT drt 26 silks. they sound great one of the best tweeters in car audio for the money but there not designed to be loud.. another speaker they have designed that is a really nice option for people like us is the es020.. its a larger tweeter.. it has a low q and a low FS.. sure its is going to sound OK at best off axis but on axis up high as im mounting them they will easily surpass the 20khz mark down to 2khz with a 12db otcave xover.. its a tuff task but cdt is amoung the best designers and they did a good job on this tweeter.. it truly is a midrange tweeter..

they say it should be crossed around 1kha but if your looking for the output increase and you have decent mids no more than 35 degreees off axis crossing them @ 2500 with a 12db otcave slop gives you nearly a 4db increase.. i warn you though be prepared to build a sealed housing for the rear wave as its going to get muddy very quick if you free air it..

LPG 25NFAs if you prefer silk.LPG 26NA's or the Diamond Audio Hex aluminum tweet if you prefer aluminum

Seas Neo Textiles are also awesome
those look pretty good. do you have a preference for one over another?

sounds to me like your another one of those people who simply don't understand the physics and acoustics around audio..stop looking for the more efficient tweeter and the type of material. chances are you love extremely boosted topend.. most people mistake this for detail.. the truth is your simply driving the speaker much too close to its limit and your looking for something with a natural peak around 16 to 20k..

ill be the first to say 1 set of tweeters simply won't satisify you.. your going to need 2 or maybe 3 tweeters per side..

you could start with something like a pair of vifa BC25TG19-04..

a pair of those should beable to get pretty **** loud Id say..
lol, yeah, i dont know anything about acoustics, says the guy telling me to pile on the tweeters like whipped cream.

actually multiple speakers isn't a bad thing as long as the distance/placement is linear.. note that most very highend speakers consist of multiple midbass midrange and tweeters but there all on the same plain axis and distance from the listing position..

actually multiple speakers isn't a bad thing as long as the distance/placement is linear.. note that most very highend speakers consist of multiple midbass midrange and tweeters but there all on the same plain axis and distance from the listing position..
It doesn't matter how close they are, its still a headache. I know I'm getting fed up with output and on the verge of using 2 pairs, but I know it wont be easy to get the sound right.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.