Need some superb Tweeters!!!

Alejandro14

Senior VIP Member
Texas
thr most i can spend is 150 ' its for a f150 build i am doing ' i was looking into sundown audio component tweeters ' crescendo audio ' i dont want super tweeters those huge ones i want 4 2 in front 2 in back seats comment me which component tweeters are good and can handle high volumes ofcourse no distortion thanks .

If id have spent a grand on some 5.25 components and some rca's id be butthurt too.
Not butthurt! Even with only my Alpine SPR50's in there now, it's sounding better and BETTER! And that just with my Alpine HU too! The more Damplifier Pro my installer guy sticks in there! Can't imagine when he gets it ALL in and the Luxury Liner Pro too! YUM!

I can only imagine when we get my two 5way Alpine amps online... :)

John Kuthe...

Just another troll.....600 post count in a month??? sheesh. Anyway OP, those ALpine tweeters are really good. I would recommend crossing them over at 3K hz and up. If you don't use a crossover at all on a high frequency driver like a tweeter, you will ruin it. No guesswork there.

I've heard good things about Alpine's SPX-Pro series tweeters, like this. I'm getting a pair of PHD tweeters with my PHD 5.1 AF 5.25" two way speakers, NOT cheap! But I'm hoping their will perform excellently!

---------- Post added at 09:43 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:42 AM ----------

Not necessarily for everyone!

John Kuthe...
has an h800, running passive xovers and 4 6x9s take this advice with a grain of salt.... second thought dont take it at all. lets start by saying what will the tweeters be mated to are you using a dsp do your have capability of changing the xover are they going to be on 2 channels (left,Right) or 4 channels 1 foreach tweeter? What are you expecting from them? Do you have a midrange speaker playing 300-4k? Are you looking for vocals? Do you want a tweeter that can play down to 2500hz?

lots of variables here. If your have a loud spl set up a regular tweeter is likely useless to you. And Unfortunately super tweeters is what you will need.

has an h800, running passive xovers and 4 6x9s take this advice with a grain of salt.... second thought dont take it at all. lets start by saying what will the tweeters be mated to are you using a dsp do your have capability of changing the xover are they going to be on 2 channels (left,Right) or 4 channels 1 foreach tweeter? What are you expecting from them? Do you have a midrange speaker playing 300-4k? Are you looking for vocals? Do you want a tweeter that can play down to 2500hz?
lots of variables here. If your have a loud spl set up a regular tweeter is likely useless to you. And Unfortunately super tweeters is what you will need.
My car audio system is a work in progress (aren't all ours? ;-)) The PHD 5.1 Pro series come with a passive crossover circuit so I'm going to use it at first but I had my installer guy run four separate pairs of 12AWG speaker wire up front (top of dash), two for present 5.25" Alpine SWR-50's I have up there now, which sound pretty good just on the Alpine CDR-153BT HU I have. I eventually want to go full active DSP for 8 drivers, just not sure yet how I'm gonna implement that. Thinking of running the four 6x9's (front/door and rears in stereo pairs in parallel because my two power amps are 5 channel, but I'm not using the subwoofer output for the lower powered one (PDR-75) So at first when I get the DSP and two power amps running it's gonna be a kind of cobbled together system with room for future expansion.

I'm learning as I go. Wish I could get more honest unprejudiced help here, but I made my bed s I have to lie in it! :-(

John Kuthe...

Last edited by a moderator:
My car audio system is a work in progress (aren't all ours? ;-)) The PHD 5.1 Pro series come with a passive crossover circuit so I'm going to use it at first but I had my installer guy run four separate pairs of 12AWG speaker wire up front (top of dash), two for present 5.25" Alpine SWR-50's I have up there now, which sound pretty good just on the Alpine CDR-153BT HU I have. I eventually want to go full active DSP for 8 drivers, just not sure yet how I'm gonna implement that. Thinking of running the four 6x9's (front/door and rears in stereo pairs in parallel because my two power amps are 5 channel, but I'm not using the subwoofer output for the lower powered one (PDR-75) So at first when I get the DSP and two power amps running it's gonna be a kind of cobbled together system with room for future expansion.
I'm learning as I go. Wish I could get more honest unprejudiced help here, but I made my bed s I have to lie in it! :-(

John Kuthe...

Well mr.john kuthe maybe thats because one minute you ask for help. Get help. **** on it. Then **** on everyone else that offers advice. Throw your three "degrees" and by the way if you really have three degrees why the hell are you so proud of a 2006 caravan? We all drive everyday cars (not all lol some here have sweet rides like a guy on here that lives close to me I'd dye to have his Tahoe yeah that's you hertz //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif and while some here are not running the biggest systems we are proud to install and build our selves. When we ask for help we take it. Asked a buddy his recommendations on a box and even though it was way bigger than I thought would work he knows his **** so I built it to his recommendations and am stoked with how it's coming along. Now am I the best box builder? Absolutely not. So what do I do? Ask for advice. Take said advice since this guys system **** near made me **** out at first and knows sundown better than anyone I know. Did I argue? F@ck no. That's why I asked for ADVICE!! Not argue and say I have i am hvac certified, certified to work on veissmann boilers(and many others) (which I'm very proud of since these are one of the nicest boilers you can buy) which both have 0 to do with car audio so I don't throw out my certifications because guess what. No one here cares. Some guys here are probably way more educated and have REAL ee degrees and better jobs and do they throw it in people's face every 5 posts. Nope. Yes electrical knowledge is required for my job but that does not all translate to this hobby. Maybe if you would just take 5 min to shut the **** up and take advice people would be willing to help. But no your need for acceptance (quick google search shows you are on any forum (even a cooking one where people were worried you killed yourself lol over you being a **** to someone with a medical disorder) you can find just for some sort and what do you know everyone ends the same for you //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif people telling you to leave. It seems you are either too dumb to realize nobody cares about you or just need attention wether is people telling you to **** off or whatever the case. Ps since alpine is such AMAZING products why are all the real guys here not running it. High school alpine was awesome 10 years ago but then I learned what real car audio was. So I'd like to take a money to sincerely say shut the **** up and listen. Keep your mouth closed (I promise you won't explode if you do) unless it is actually useful. And then maybe and I doubt it will ever happen but people may be willing to offer advice. But then again the "installer guy" that you found off Craigslist?? Knows everything and if he doesn't your there to show him how lmao. So doubt the almighty lord kuthe needs help from the caraudio peasants here to help him. We are all in the mighty shadow of John kuthe so it's kinda hard to help you. That's why nobody does is because you are just a straight up ****. Please do us all a favor and just stop. It was amusing at first but now it's just sad. I've been here a year or so (maybe not that long) and when I first came here thought I knew it all. Quickly realized the guys here take this very seriously and I needed to be quite and learn. So I just read read and read more to learn. Not read or ask and then argue. I was going to say something the other day and changed it to unneeded because I'd have better luck arguing over car audio with my 6yo daughter than your inbread ***. So with that said sincerely **** you John Kuthe......

And before you get to who are you? I am lord kuthe and i own the Internet you pee on and don't hide behind a screen name. Names Lewis betts and am a facility director (which to save you the time googling it means I am in charge of all buses,maintenance,custodial, and much more for a school district in my area)

Am I bragging? Absolutely not. It's not a glorious job but if what I do makes the difference somehow in one kids education it is worth it.

If you truly wanted advice these guys here offering it to you know their ****. Listen. Don't argue. If you don't agree guess what? Absolutely nothing you've done here has earned you the right to be such a arrogant ******* and argue the way you do. That sir is why no one helps you.......Have a great night bud. cant wait to get a response from the one and only John kuthe.

Well mr.john kuthe maybe thats because one minute you ask for help. Get help. **** on it. Then **** on everyone else that offers advice. Throw your three "degrees" and by the way if you really have three degrees why the hell are you so proud of a 2006 caravan? We all drive everyday cars (not all lol some here have sweet rides like a guy on here that lives close to me I'd dye to have his Tahoe yeah that's you hertz //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif and while some here are not running the biggest systems we are proud to install and build our selves.
I had a 1994 Caravan "Baby" whom I loved for 10 years until last Halloween 2015 she was KILLED on my way home from work! I detest car loans (or any loans really) and I found a 2006 Grand Caravan on Craigslist for $1750! Almost 200,000 miles, yes needed a little work but I bought it, had the work done and she's beautiful! Gonna have her painted red in the Spring! Bay II's ReBirthday!!

When we ask for help we take it. Asked a buddy his recommendations on a box and even though it was way bigger than I thought would work he knows his **** so I built it to his recommendations and am stoked with how it's coming along. Now am I the best box builder? Absolutely not. So what do I do? Ask for advice. Take said advice since this guys system **** near made me **** out at first and knows sundown better than anyone I know. Did I argue? F@ck no. That's why I asked for ADVICE!!
I had already decided a lot of what I wanted when I came to Caraudio.com (All or mostly Alpine equipment) and the first feedback I got was folks pissing on my choice of gear like Alpine equipment was not even worth a nod! I explained that I had Alpine equipment in Baby my 1994 Caravan and LIKED it, but they still insisted my choice of equipment and build (stock speaker locations) was crap and spent most of their post words berating me personally, e.g. ad hominem attacks. Yes I know there's much better stuff available, always was and always will be. But I CHOSE my Alpine stuff, bought it and now wanted to optimize it's installation. (Which is happening, like today my installer guy got ALL (20sq-ft) my Damplifier Pro installed and tomorrow he starts the Luxury Liner Pro installation, all stuff I learned from Caraudio.com

Not argue and say I have i am hvac certified, certified to work on veissmann boilers(and many others) (which I'm very proud of since these are one of the nicest boilers you can buy) which both have 0 to do with car audio so I don't throw out my certifications because guess what. No one here cares. Some guys here are probably way more educated and have REAL ee degrees and better jobs and do they throw it in people's face every 5 posts. Nope. Yes electrical knowledge is required for my job but that does not all translate to this hobby.
I merely cited my formal education and former practical experience as a way to tell and show folks that knowledge I have, which is considerable.

Maybe if you would just take 5 min to shut the **** up and take advice people would be willing to help. But no your need for acceptance (quick google search shows you are on any forum (even a cooking one where people were worried you killed yourself lol over you being a **** to someone with a medical disorder) you can find just for some sort and what do you know everyone ends the same for you //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif people telling you to leave. It seems you are either too dumb to realize nobody cares about you or just need attention wether is people telling you to **** off or whatever the case. Ps since alpine is such AMAZING products why are all the real guys here not running it. High school alpine was awesome 10 years ago but then I learned what real car audio was. So I'd like to take a money to sincerely say shut the **** up and listen. Keep your mouth closed (I promise you won't explode if you do) unless it is actually useful. And then maybe and I doubt it will ever happen but people may be willing to offer advice. But then again the "installer guy" that you found off Craigslist?? Knows everything and if he doesn't your there to show him how lmao. So doubt the almighty lord kuthe needs help from the caraudio peasants here to help him. We are all in the mighty shadow of John kuthe so it's kinda hard to help you. That's why nobody does is because you are just a straight up ****. Please do us all a favor and just stop. It was amusing at first but now it's just sad. I've been here a year or so (maybe not that long) and when I first came here thought I knew it all. Quickly realized the guys here take this very seriously and I needed to be quite and learn. So I just read read and read more to learn. Not read or ask and then argue. I was going to say something the other day and changed it to unneeded because I'd have better luck arguing over car audio with my 6yo daughter than your inbread(SIC) ***. So with that said sincerely **** you John Kuthe......
Folks here take this all too seriously. I just need a little of the serious! I'm not making it my whole life, just a small excellent sounding slice of MY life! I;ve always had pretty good sound systems in my cars (albeit primitive) and they always sounded pretty good.

And before you get to who are you? I am lord kuthe and i own the Internet you pee on and don't hide behind a screen name. Names Lewis betts and am a facility director (which to save you the time googling it means I am in charge of all buses,maintenance,custodial, and much more for a school district in my area)

Am I bragging? Absolutely not. It's not a glorious job but if what I do makes the difference somehow in one kids education it is worth it.
My professional life is almost finished, I aspire to RETIREMENT!! Screw professional working!

If you truly wanted advice these guys here offering it to you know their ****. Listen. Don't argue. If you don't agree guess what? Absolutely nothing you've done here has earned you the right to be such a arrogant ******* and argue the way you do. That sir is why no one helps you.......Have a great night bud. cant wait to get a response from the one and only John kuthe.
I HAVE been listening! Every once in a while I get some really good pointers to stuff like PHD speakers and Second Skin insulative materials! I think the Alpine PXA-H800 DSP too! That's gonna be FUN (like a Drumpf Presidency!)

John Kuthe...

Alright guys so i just made my box for my 2 American Bass xfl 10s ' i tune it to 32 hz **** sounds awesome ' but now i cant hear the voice so i guess i need some loud tweeters ' this guy recommend me the orion cobalt super tweeters for 80 bucks a pair ' but i want to know which one is way batter remember its going to be push by a 50x4 ohm amp 75x2 ohm i have it at 4 i think ... so please what are the best super tweeters to sound clear crisp but not to loud exaggerated... i want clean sound ' thanks

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.