Need some really good 6.5 components!

I currently have 6.5" infinity kappa components. Dont get me wrong, they sound amazing and get pretty loud. They seem pretty efficient to me. Its just time to upgrade. I need something that can handle a little more wattage and sound amazing. I want something to actually sound better than the kappas and have the same size tweeter too. The tweeters on the kappas are pretty darn big, so the new component tweeters must be at least 1". Anyone have any recommendations on a good set?

thanks

Not much out there in that price range, unless you go used. But look into the maybe the Boston Acoustic SR60, you could spend an extra 50 and get some HAT Imagines. I got lucky and picked up a pair of Boston Acoustic Pro60 for $150. Used of course. Dont go with the Kappa Perfects. They are very bright and have very little midbass :/

Not much out there in that price range, unless you go used. But look into the maybe the Boston Acoustic SR60, you could spend an extra 50 and get some HAT Imagines. I got lucky and picked up a pair of Boston Acoustic Pro60 for $150. Used of course. Dont go with the Kappa Perfects. They are very bright and have very little midbass :/
Well I can spend more if its really worth it, I dont really mind.

Besides some considering the kappa tweeters being harsh, its going to be hard to upgrade from the kappas for that price unless you buy used imo.

Well I can spend more if its really worth it, I dont really mind.
I have had 2 sets of HAT, and they are amazing. I just was looking to save some money, and switch to a different brand, but the Imagines are the best bang for your buck.

Besides some considering the kappa tweeters being harsh, its going to be hard to upgrade from the kappas for that price unless you buy used imo.
eh, forget about the price range. lol... Like I posted above, Ill be willing to spend if its worth it.

---------- Post added at 02:15 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:15 AM ----------

I have had 2 sets of HAT, and they are amazing. I just was looking to save some money, and switch to a different brand, but the Imagines are the best bang for your buck.
Ill look up the HAT speakers //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Got some 6.5 in Morel tempo 6 comps with tweeters, 1 woofer perfect, 1 had a 1/16in rip in surround i fixed. No crossovers. Grills included.

Last edited by a moderator:
HAT Imagine are nice, the only issue with them is that there is not tweeter attenuation control, which can get on the way in some installs. The simplest solution is to use equalizer or try to rotate them off axis. This should be a non-issue in active installs.

A lot of reviewers like Massive Audio CK6 speakers. Some complain that tweeters sound harsh. Perhaps it's the tweeter attenuation control issue again. This bass should be a treat compared to Infinity speakers as these claim xmax well over 8mm. (HAT Imagine have really nice midbass too, and their one way xmax is 6mm)

The new Massive Audio CK6X components will be out this year.

There's a new high end super loud 6.5" 2-way set from CDT Audio that's on special now. It's called ES-6MOProGold, and it has an all new midrange driver. True 6.5" mounting(not oversized like most aftermarket high end mids), moderate mounting depth, awesome midbass and silk dome tweeters that will sound great with no EQing. These will get way louder than Infinity Kappas if your install is up to par with a tight door and sound deadening in place.

There's a new high end super loud 6.5" 2-way set from CDT Audio that's on special now. It's called ES-6MOProGold, and it has an all new midrange driver. True 6.5" mounting(not oversized like most aftermarket high end mids), moderate mounting depth, awesome midbass and silk dome tweeters that will sound great with no EQing. These will get way louder than Infinity Kappas if your install is up to par with a tight door and sound deadening in place.
^^^ this , i was looking at them on friday.all i can say is bad azz

hmmm, I couldnt find anything by that model number. The closest one I found to that was an ES-0642i GOLD which was way out of my budget. It was over $1000. lol

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.