need some quick help plz

Participant count
  • Participant list

cesarortiz

hello you guys I'm new here i had a quick couple of questions.

so i have JL w6v3-d4 12 inch woofer

it was a given to me by my brother it was no longer getting used.

now i have a JL Audio JX500/1D Mono subwoofer amplifier

would this amp hold up this woofer.

i am not looking for something that is going to make my ear drums pop i just want some pretty decent bass... would it work.. any recommendations

also this amp is rated to

@ 4 Ω 300 W RMS x 1

@ 3 Ω 400 W RMS x 1

@ 2 Ω 500 W RMS x 1

should i keep my w6 woofer at 4 ohms or put it at 2 ohms to get all 500 watts out of the amp??

is there a difference in 4 and 2 ohms ?

need some quick advice before i install this in my car and i either blow up the amp or the woofer lol

and i don't want to blow up that expensive woofer..

thanks any help

helpss.......

You can only wire that sub at 2 or 8 ohms... and 2 ohm is a perfect match with that amp
Nice thanks for the help dude...

Is there any difference from the 4 ohm and 2 ohm

Sound difference ?

So would that amp be good enough for that speaker

that's basically my only concern

Or I should say a pretty decent amp for that speaker ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nice thanks for the help dude...

Is there any difference from the 4 ohm and 2 ohm

Sound difference ?

So would that amp be good enough for that speaker

that's basically my only concern

Or I should say a pretty decent amp for that speaker ?

No difference in sound, the voice coil configuration is for wiring options, they Come in handy especially when using multiple subs.

That sub can take more power, but that doesn't mean it has to. That will be a really decent set up man, no worries. The most important thing you should invest in is a good custom box at this point, and a quality wiring kit.

No difference in sound, the voice coil configuration is for wiring options, they Come in handy especially when using multiple subs. That sub can take more power, but that doesn't mean it has to. That will be a really decent set up man, no worries. The most important thing you should invest in is a good custom box at this point, and a quality wiring kit.
Wiring kit I have already

Box I do not have I was thinking of just getting a box that fits the specs on there website I think it says 15x15

It has to be 1.0 cubic feet

That's what I am looking for now I'm putting this set up on my little 1 series bmw with the stock stereo

I don't want nothing too insane

You'll need a quality line out converter as well then, I'd look into the lc2i or the lc7i if you plan on upgrading all the speakers one day.
I don't think on upgrading the front speakers.

And I think I know what converter you talking about. Ima buy that. Tomorrow

You guys another question I was thinking of a sealed box

Should I get a ported box or sealed ?

I want some very low bass

If you want very low bass, a Ported box is a must. You have a nice sub that can dig low, but you have to have a custom box for your sun. You can't just go buy a random pre-fab for it. The last pre fab I had in my possession was tuned to 52hz, and flexed like a mofo. There was definitely no low bass coming from it lol.

Your box will also need to be roughly double the size. Tuned to around 30-33hz

If you want very low bass, a Ported box is a must. You have a nice sub that can dig low, but you have to have a custom box for your sun. You can't just go buy a random pre-fab for it. The last pre fab I had in my possession was tuned to 52hz, and flexed like a mofo. There was definitely no low bass coming from it lol.
Your box will also need to be roughly double the size. Tuned to around 30-33hz
Dammit lol

Sounds like a lot of homework lol

So a ported box would be my best bet for low bass then ?

Yeah bro, no doubt about that at all. It's going to be extra work man, but I promise you that the results will be very worth it! You have a sub that can dig low and sound good, it's worth it to take the extra steps, I promise.

Dammit lol

Sounds like a lot of homework lol

So a ported box would be my best bet for low bass then ?

nothing else will give you that low bass. Box is everything. Nothing you buy online premade will be worth anything all junk and garbage.

Person you'd want to hit up for a ported box is CSCstang on here, he's in lake forest. You can search up cscstang customs on facebook and his number will be right there on the page along with all the pictures of his work.

you can hit up white horse customz in montebello if lake forest is too far but prepare to pay $$$$ their prices are ridiculous.

Does anybody here know

Where the factory amp on a stock 135i bmw

I do not have the logic 7

Or the hifi stereo

Or harmen

I have just the normal stock stereo

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.