Need some NOOB help with new head unit

Participant count
  • Participant list

Staynlean
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
So i installed a Kenwood DDX370 today and everything went well except i have lost all my mid bass from my door speakers.

I have tried all the settings possible (at least I think I have) on the head unit. There are multiple adjustments that can be made and it does not seem strait forward at all.

Radio sounds great otherwise, the vocals are screaming. Yes i also hooked up a sub, (would this have anything to do with it.)

Vehicle is 2008 Pathfinder S model, front door speakers are 6x9, they used to hit real nice.

Any suggestions or is anyone familiar with this head units adjustments?

So i installed a Kenwood DDX370 today and everything went well except i have lost all my mid bass from my door speakers.
I have tried all the settings possible (at least I think I have) on the head unit. There are multiple adjustments that can be made and it does not seem strait forward at all.

Radio sounds great otherwise, the vocals are screaming. Yes i also hooked up a sub, (would this have anything to do with it.)

Vehicle is 2008 Pathfinder S model, front door speakers are 6x9, they used to hit real nice.

Any suggestions or is anyone familiar with this head units adjustments?
It's because factory head units, especially ones in newer vehicles and ones that are part of a premium audio system are specially EQ'ed with the factory head unit. When you take that out you take out that factory EQ. My car was the same way (Pontiac G6 GT with monsoon amplified system). When I put in a new head unit I don't get any real bass out of the stock speakers unless the bass EQ on the aftermarket unit is all the way up. But putting your bass EQ all the way up isn't very good to do when you have a subwoofer in your system because that will increase your chances of distortion and clipping.

I've learned to live with the lack of midbass from the stock speakers because my subs usually put out enough bass to make up for it.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.