Need some info

Participant count
  • Participant list

kwitcherbichin
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
alright i got my box already built and ish but idk how to get the port down to where i want and to get the right port size for my subs.

the box is 18 high 23 deep and 36 wide. so thats 5.74cf net btw no clue if its net or gross im lookin for so the gross is 7.08cf and this also has a 3 high 15 wide 30 deep port in it which should be around 23 hz in tuning. would this port be correct or still to small. the subs need i think 60 inches of port a piece but idk how to calculate that so help would be appreciated. and the tuning if its not possible to get that low i would still be happy around 26 or lower.

thnx

I've noticed that you're having trouble tuning your enclosures, man. You might want to think about using aero ports. It'd save you a lot of trouble.

And I'm not trying to talk down to you, so please don't take it that way.

well any help is appreciated but idk how to use them still and idk where the hell to get them lol.

and i understand that but alot of dicks are on this site sometimes.

but this is what i have for now cause like i said idk where the hell to get the aeros and idk how to use them.

oh yea and the port will be on the side of the box instead of the front, will this effect anything?

ok what it is saying is that i need a straight length port of 16.85074912891986 at a tuning of 25 hz

then it says that i need a flared port length of 17.85074912891986 with the same tuning.

whats the diff. the look or sound or anything at all? and if its just a straight tube then cant i use pvc pipe?

btw its a 6 inch aero, dont feel like spending 40 bucks on a aero if i can make one for twice as less.

ok what it is saying is that i need a straight length port of 16.85074912891986 at a tuning of 25 hz
then it says that i need a flared port length of 17.85074912891986 with the same tuning.

whats the diff. the look or sound or anything at all? and if its just a straight tube then cant i use pvc pipe?

btw its a 6 inch aero, dont feel like spending 40 bucks on a aero if i can make one for twice as less.
Flared ports have a "horn" shape on both ends, man. That means they'll have a little more area than a straight piece of pipe, which leads to the overall length being a tad shorter. I'm no expert on the topic of aeros, I've only used them twice at this point, but from my understanding, a non-flared aero can lead to serious port noise under certain circumstances. Like I said, I'm no expert on the subject.

Aero ports do cost a little bit, but they're just so damn easy to work with. You could also think about using several small aeros instead of one big one. The price increase tends to be dramatic as the diameter increases...

yea it crazy when i went too the 6 inch aero. all the other products were like 3-10 bucks then it shot to that lol. but ill try with pcv and if i get port noise ill make my own flared end.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.