need some info, first time sterio install

OI dont know if you can run the rear speakers to the amp. But even if you did, you might run the chance of blowing them up. A new 2014 car most likely has great speakers, but idk if the stock ones are made to run on a 500 watt rms amp, or anything besides the head unit. If you want to get some more power in the speakers in your car, you would have to buy some aftermarket speakers, look at the power ratings, and get a 4-Channel amp if you have four speakers. I'm not sure about the speakers, iv only wired my sub and sub amp. How many speakers do you have in your car now?

On the line converter, do I need two to tap in to the back left and one to tap in to the back right? Or just tap in to one side? Also will I need a two channel or single as in two + spots and two - spots, one for each individual speaker?... My budget for an amp is 200-250$

Last edited by a moderator:
Every amp that has been mentioned will work. Only suggesting this if you feel the need to keep it jl. In which, a jl 500/1v2 will work perfect. I have them, pretty good amp imo. Only problem is that its slightly more money than the kicker amps mentioned. Although, it does 500@4-1.5 ohm. As for your budget, probably not the best idea considering you would have to be moderately lucky to find one for $200-250.

Ty for the replies, Im selling my ps4 so I'll be able to get something better than a 250$ amp. Brand new car and good speakers so I don't wanna start half assing it now. Does any one know if I need two line converters to tap in to both rear speakers to run to the amp or will just one do?

Someone mentioned to me I will need to do the big 3 upgrade if I use a 500w... What's that? Will I need to use bigger grounds from my battery to frame and battery to block to keep from stressing my electrical? Or is this amp not big enough to worry about it?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

constantine81

constantine81
nicholasville ky
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date
Last reply from
constantine81