Need some help with mids/highs soundstage

Participant count
  • Participant list

Battleaxwarior
10+ year member

Ok so i need some input on a mids/highs stage for my fronts. Im running a Team Fi 15 on a b2 zero1 for substage so im looking for something to keep up better than my Morel Tempo 6.5" comps. So ive been kicking around the idea of going back to a 2 or 2.5" mid driver in my factory location in the doors bc thats what came in the car stock (2012 Infiniti) and maybe a vifa or peerless 6.5 down lower in the door (all stock locations). Any of you guys have any recommendations for a 2-2.5" or have experience using any? Ill be relocating my Morel tweeters possibly to the dash in the corners, thats inly if the full range 2" doesnt get high enough?. Not sure yet. This front stage will be ran off a Kicker kx200.2 (trying to get final load at 2ohm per ch which gives me 225x2). Any input will be much appreciated, thanks!

Anyone? I know that silver flutes will prolly be mentioned, but id rather have something better with vocals bc ive heard that they flutes are better in the low end ond break up on the higher side or have a lot of "cross talk"

I'm running Cdt tweets and 3@ mids. With a b2 ref 6.5 mids in a 3 way passive on a b2 Quattro bridged and is plenty loud in my truck. I also am running b2 ,m1sr, on my 18s

I'm running Cdt tweets and 3@ mids. With a b2 ref 6.5 mids in a 3 way passive on a b2 Quattro bridged and is plenty loud in my truck. I also am running b2 ,m1sr, on my 18s
How do you like those b2 comps? Been eye'n them for a bit. I did a little revamping tonight and put in a set of CDT 2.5" fullrange speakers from a 3-way comp set that i had. I threw them into the stock location where my car had 2.5" drivers by the door handle, and took my Morel tempo tweeters and installed them up higher on the door where that little sil panel is (where the adjustmemt would be if you had manual mirrors lol) by doing that it woke up my whole soundstage. Louder, fuller, warmer sounding....win win for sure. Now to geet a new amp lol bc this Kicker is ok...but i need more powa. But for what it is....it sounds amazing. Just meed some eqing now.

How do you like those b2 comps? Been eye'n them for a bit. I did a little revamping tonight and put in a set of CDT 2.5" fullrange speakers from a 3-way comp set that i had. I threw them into the stock location where my car had 2.5" drivers by the door handle, and took my Morel tempo tweeters and installed them up higher on the door where that little sil panel is (where the adjustmemt would be if you had manual mirrors lol) by doing that it woke up my whole soundstage. Louder, fuller, warmer sounding....win win for sure. Now to geet a new amp lol bc this Kicker is ok...but i need more powa. But for what it is....it sounds amazing. Just meed some eqing now.
They are nice. I love them. I had Cdt es06 mids before these. I like these better The amp is great to I've got all 4 channels bridged for the front and it's loud and clear

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.