Need some help with a box here

Participant count
  • Participant list

redrider13
10+ year member

is stealin yur deebeez
VA
Well I'm going to build my first box and I'm desperately trying to not fudge it up. I've been on here an emailing back and forth with eclipse and I've gotten them to send me all the stuff I think I need, its just I dont speak subinese. I know what the tuning and port area is, I've got that figured out, I'm just unsure of how this all works together. This is for an SW7200 btw.

Here's what they sent me:

Thank you for contacting Eclipse;

Here are the Parameters

Fs= 28

Qms=9.32

Vas=2.17 (cft.)

Cms=0.2

Mms=167.2 (Grams)

Rms=3.2

X-Max one way 11.29(mm)

Dia=216(mm)

Sd=245(cm square root2)

Qes=0.56

Re=7.6 ohms

BL=20.2 (Telsa Meter)

Qts=0.52

1 watt SPL=85.7(dB)

and

Thank you for contacting Eclipse;

Will the box you will need a 2.0 cuft. one port 3"D x 6" L tunning freq. 34Hz

I'm trying to use this site to help me build it:

http://www.subwoofertools.com/forum/ported-box.asp

The max dimensions I have to work with are 34" Length x 15" Height x and I want to keep the depth moderate so it won't be taking up half of my trunk.

Thanks guys,

Will

Is there anything wrong with a square port, I'd much rather just build a square port than have to order more stuff...

There isn't anything wrong with using a slot port. You can't use the dimensions I listed tho.

Design a box that is 2ft^3 after sub and port displacement tuned around 32Hz.

Which variable up there is the sub dispacement? and for the xmax I use the one way right? I read somewhere to double that for the xmax to use. These are the little questions I have that I'm just trying to make sure I do it right the first time.

Edit: What do I use for sub displacement?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.