need some help from you eq SQ guys on a set up fast

xchaosx
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
pa
ok here is the deal i'm gettin ready to install this EQ see pic i need a starting point any help would be great

help please i have done this before but always had trouble so i got rid of them

come guys i'm not looking for a complete set up just a good starting point i know to each is own when it comes to sound but i can tweek to my likeing after it's in

Looks to me like you just plug it into the RCAs in the far left, then plug the output RCAs into the RCAs on the left/middle and eq away.

Looks to me like you just plug it into the RCAs in the far left, then plug the output RCAs into the RCAs on the left/middle and eq away.

i sure hope your jokeing i know how to hook it up i'm looking for some settings

Sq guys like to set their EQs to flat. SO go download a test tone generator and make a tone for each band on the EQ. Play a single tone and adjust the band on the EQ that corresponds with the freq. just move all the adjustments around till all the note sound the same volume. Then run a full sweep and listen for any swells in the freqs and see if you can't adjust it out if you hear a couple, but you might not be able to get to them all if there is a swell in an area the bands don't cover (The downside of a Graphic) but with an EQ the broad i don't thinkyou'll have too much of a problem.

After this a lot of people like to boost the highs and the lows a bit, just move it around a little to your liking. Flat is a good place to start though.

Oh, and i use NCH tone generator, don't know where i got it, but its a very nice and simple one.

or play some pink noise and measure the frequency response with an RTA. then adjust accordingly. of course, most of us dont have access to an RTA, so call around to local shops or buy one.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.