Need some Help, Distortion

Participant count
  • Participant list

Enviouswarlock
10+ year member

Florida
Hello i need a little guidance. I have a d3500.5 series mmats and 4 p.30 12" mmats

running at dual 4 ohms and running everything down to 1 ohm. Runs perfect. One small problem i have is after a certain volume

the bass sounds distorted and it i can tell it is not giving its full power. I have 2 gel caps a 250amp alternator and have rated the voltage is not lack of power. I also make sure all the rca's were hooked up correctly.Strange thing is that when i first finished my setup everything was running perfectly after the end of the day this problem came up. What might be the problem, Any guidance will surely help. Thank you

If you're sure that all the wires are good, then I'll take your word for it. If you

What are the specs on your box?

4-12's, with what Internal Volume and Tuning Freq.?

Also, check the voltages at your amp with a DMM (power and output), just to make sure nothing is terribly off.

Custom made sealed box. 1 cubic feet as per mmats. Toned to 50hz and gain put down to about 3/4 of full gain. Loud is off and bass boost is also off. When i did a freq tone it helped a little bit but still after a certain volume it starts the distortion.

What is a little odd that sometime when there is distortion then subwoofers hits very

quick hard then goes back to distortion. I have plently of power and there is no

ground issue dont think the sub is bottoming out.

Have you tested the subs' impedance (nominal and in use)?

Also, I've had amps that get more distorted and clippy after they heat up. Double check your gain settings (cold and hot).

Is your amp new or used/abused?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.