This amp is making me pull my hair out !

Participant count
  • Participant list
I have a Massive Pa 50

Subs are wired up right at 4 ohm pulling 500rms.

Now the amp will work flawlessly for the first week or two when installed, then cut out with the protection light of death, then when i shut off my HU and turn it back on, the amp will kick back on shortly.

All my connections are tried and true !

Most of the time, the subs will bump with the key in the "on" position but motor not started. then when i start the car it shuts off.

Any ideas as to what causes this.

I do notice the green power light pulsing when the amp kicks on.

Also the volume level has no effect on the amp kicking off.

Thanks for your help.

you are positive that your ground wire is absolutely as perfect as it can be? that really is the answer to most problems alot of people have on here when it comes to amps shutting off. ur positive they are wired to 4 ohm? open up the amp and see if theres something loose inside it?

thats all i can think of really. unless you have a short somewhere....

if the power light is flashing then id say you do have a bad connection somewhere. check your fuse...well better yet replace your fuse in your power wire and RE do your remote wire. might not fix it but thats where i would start.

Thanks for postin up.

Yeah, my ground is 4awg mounted under the seat belt. I know this place is debatable, but i get a solid ground their, as opposed to the trunk latch. everything else is flimsy sheet metal, and to far away IMO.

Positive the subs are wired correctly,

I will pull the amp today, and see what i can see. I have had it apart before, just didnt touch anything.

I have installed this same amp years ago and had the same problems, with it back then.

Now i'm just wondering if there is anything i can do with it.

Also i have run a different amp in this car with no problems.

I am currently in the market for a new amp. need a bit more power

( see my other post, I am still undecided as to which one )

But, i would like to have this one as a backup, or to sell.

Thank you for your help,

I will def. check out what you guys suggested

Tooling about with a voltmeter.

Curious about this though !

with the volt meter on the battery, it reads 14.2-4v. when i turn on the amp it kicks down to 13.3v is this normal ?

/\/\ prolly a noob ass question.....

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.