Need Some EQ Opinions!

Participant count
  • Participant list

Bettr n' Revrse
5,000+ posts

I do what I want
Looking around at EQs to go active with the next setup and I found one that I like... Its a Clarion so not anything amazing but they are cheaper, look nice, and has control over many smaller frequency ranges not just a couple controls with wide ranges... So I wanna here what you guys think of them? and throw me suggestions as well since Im a newb in EQ's

Heres a pic and a link of the Clarion Im talking about... Clarion EQS746 7-Band Rotary Equalizer/EQ (EQS-746)

23193860040_large.jpg

Also I was looking around and found this to be kinda funny...

image.php

Thats a Massive Audio EQ ^^^^^^^ Looks kinda familiar huh? The Massive is double the price so can anyone tell me the difference? Heres a link to the Massive... Massive Audio*::*Equalizers*::*EQ 7- Car Audio Equalizer

Thanks for the help guys

There's a difference, but I don't see why he's suggesting using a xover vs. an eq. But wait, you are using the EQ to go active with, what are you going to use as your xover though? I ask because i'm not sure if that's what you're intending to do with the EQ. Not to make it sound like you don't know what you're doing, but just weird you didn't mention xovers and you're talking about going active.

With all that being said, I personally would get a parametric equalizer since it gives you more option as far as frequencies go and you get to determine the band of frequencies equalized. Look into Soundstream, they have some parametric EQ for around the same price as that Clarion. However, i've never used either of them so idk how good they are lol.

Well Idk if you could call it going active realy... I was just gunna run my mids and tweets separate on my alpine in the sig
that's going active. However, how do you plan on crossing the speakers? You can't just run them full range, and you certainly don't want to just high pass the mids and the tweets

that's going active. However, how do you plan on crossing the speakers? You can't just run them full range, and you certainly don't want to just high pass the mids and the tweets
Heres the controls on the Alpine...

mrpf250.jpg

I was just gunna turn the filters to off?

Heres the controls on the Alpine...
mrpf250.jpg

I was just gunna turn the filters to off?
I wouldn't do that since you'd just be running the speakers full range. Get some coaxials for that //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/fyi.gif.9f1f679348da7204ce960cfc74bca8e0.gif

I wouldn't do that since you'd just be running the speakers full range. Get some coaxials for that //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/fyi.gif.9f1f679348da7204ce960cfc74bca8e0.gif
Even if I ran it on the EQ? I thought that was the point so I could control what fregeuncies I ran to each speaker (sub, mid, and tweet) seperatly? Why would I run coaxials on it?

Amazon.com: Lanzar OPTIX3B Optidrive 3 Way Electronic Crossover Network with Remote Bass Boost Level Control: Electronics

you can get that as an active xover. The only problem is people were saying with a 12db/octave slope, there might be a problem in blending the mids and subs together well enough. I have one and I think i'll just go ahead and high pass the mids at the amp also to create a steeper slope. It might take a bit of tuning but should come out okay. I'm not really that much of an SQ guy nor do I claim to be, so it wont' take much to satisfy my ears lol.

Amazon.com: Lanzar OPTIX3B Optidrive 3 Way Electronic Crossover Network with Remote Bass Boost Level Control: Electronics

you can get that as an active xover. The only problem is people were saying with a 12db/octave slope, there might be a problem in blending the mids and subs together well enough. I have one and I think i'll just go ahead and high pass the mids at the amp also to create a steeper slope. It might take a bit of tuning but should come out okay. I'm not really that much of an SQ guy nor do I claim to be, so it wont' take much to satisfy my ears lol.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.