Need some Amp/Sub Options for 15"

Knowmadic
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
So I'm upgrading cars to a 96-99 Jeep Cherokee and don't really want to try making it a SQ-ish vehicle, so I'm just get some decent bass in the back. Looking for a well performing woofer that can get pretty low and still sound good overall, not trying to just be loud and obnoxious. Plan on using the entire back of the Cherokee for the box and it should be able to accommodate most 15's but I'll get specs if anyone is curious. Most likely will go to Buck for a design or have him ship me a box out. Overall budget is flexible, I'm more than happy to buy used, not sure what to put a price cap at because I've never shopped for a 15 before. Maybe $200-$300 for a woofer?

*Note: Amp recommendations are helpful too, I've never dealt with an amp over 750rms so not sure what brands are good there.

Well im running a sundown sa-15 ( has spl recone) but not upgrated there only 600 rms i have 1300 rms @1 ohm.. I have yet to heat the sub up yet. She gets low too. The guy i bought it from had it in the back of his escape and he only ran a hifonics brutis amp ... i beleave this would give u the sql/spl lows ur looking for. Hope this helps you.. u should be able to keep in your budget np:)

Soundqubed hds15's and their sq2200. Decent proven amp, subs are part of their new line up. The subs are rated at 1200wrms, and that amp would do really well on them. Check their website, there is usually an ad banner to that website on the top of the forum page on here from time to time.

Soundqubed hds15's and their sq2200. Decent proven amp, subs are part of their new line up. The subs are rated at 1200wrms, and that amp would do really well on them. Check their website, there is usually an ad banner to that website on the top of the forum page on here from time to time.
They look nice but a little on the expensive side of things. Would definitely consider if I could find one used. What else is out there?

New, they'd run you about 285. Used in mint condition would probably be around 220 ish
What kind of amp were you running that with? I have to find out what I want to give up out my collection right now or if I can get by on my JL 500/1

The Sundown SA-15 is at a nice price right now, $180. Can use my existing amp as well which would be awesome, but it looks a little on the small side. Looking at the X-15 for $280 but not sure what amp to use for 1250w.. Keep in mind budget does not include the amp.

EDIT: Anyone run Tantric MD's?

[quote name='mclerico83']Incriminator Audio Lethal Injection 15" Subwoofer - Vertex Audio

On sale amazing deal

Also contact @SPLaudio ; to build you an amazing custom sub[/QUOTE]

Completely forgot about the IA Lethal Injections. Definitely might look into one of those.

[quote name='mylows10']The tantric md is also a nice sub very well rounded for bass and sq should be in your budget to[/QUOTE]

You've got a PM coming your way.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.