Need some advice

Hedo
10+ year member

Just got a new truck ( well new to me anyway ) 2007 chevy silverado, lowered on 22's. i am kinda a car audio nut but have been out of the game for awhile.

Looking to run a 3 way front set up with a tweeter and a 4" mid in kick panels with a 6.5" midbass in the door. or even better yet a tweeter and a 5 1/4" mid in kicks with an 8" midbass in the doors. its an extra cab so i will run a pair of 10" or 12" subs under the rear seat.

i listen to metal most of the time ( lamb of god,Nile Slayer,testament, old metallica ) so i want a tweeter thats not harsh. i am more into sq than spl.

i am probably going to be running a combo of PPi art series amps and Zapco amps i have laying around from cars in my past. everything will be actively crossed over.

please give me some input on what speakers will fit my application these days. Best bang for the busk so to speak. i have a budget but i know i will go over it so the more options the better.

Thanks for the input as it is appreciated.//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

I am willing to bet the new HSK163 will fit that bill... I am running the 2 way and its amazing. I have a review posted up you should check out.

Dynaudio Esotec System 362Focal Utopia Be Kit No7

Morel Elate 9 2W

Rainbow Vanadium Kick CS-365

Yea for the guy that can list the top component set from these manufacturers. Ok lets be serious! $1,000 to $4,000. Gimme a break and thanks for that input!

$500 to $600 is do able but i was looking to more like piece a system together using different components as i will be actively crossing everything over. More of a DYI approach.

Yea for the guy that can list the top component set from these manufacturers. Ok lets be serious! $1,000 to $4,000. Gimme a break and thanks for that input!

$500 to $600 is do able but i was looking to more like piece a system together using different components as i will be actively crossing everything over. More of a DYI approach.
Haha thats what I was thinking.. There are a few guys that will chime in for the DIY stuff but you can check out diymobileaudio for plenty of active users there.. I'd definitely take a hard look at the Hertz HSK163.. It is a beast of a component set.

Yea i have been on the dyi sight as well. Trying to out the language they use over there,lol! I have been doing searches and finding bits of info here and there but those guys throw out model numbers with no manufacturer or manufacturer names with no model numbers. They link you to madisound but there are tons of products there and because i am a noob to the dyi thing i haven't a clue what i am looking for. I thought it would be better to come here and look for info. Maybe get name brand components to make into a 3-way system. like a best of the best in name brand tweeters, mids, midbass's ect.ect. at a resonable cost of course that would fit my musical preference. If money was no object the above list of high end sets would be fine as i would just drive to a retailer and say put them in after they run my credit card through. realistically though i am in the majority of about 98% of the people here in the fact i can't afford such luxuries.

I want to piece together the best parts i can get for the money i have and my specific application. Just looking for opinions on brands. I can do a good install, i can cross stuff over and eq to my taste to a certain extent.

What tweeters is going to work or sound the best for metal?

is the dls 3" mid any good? will it work with a 8" midbass or should i look for a larger mid for an easier transition or should i stick to a 6" midbass.

should i use a 3", 4", or 5 1/4" mid to go with an 8" midbass?

thanks again for peoples input.

You stating what you were looking for, and I simply listed some of the best stuff I could think of. Sorry, I guess...

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.