Need some advice on the bext box setup for this SUb .

Participant count
  • Participant list

osix
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
Asia
Here is some Data

8" sub

QTS 0.660

QMS 3.870

QES 0.796

VAS 1.010 ft^3

Fs 36.60

BL 1.95022

i try to build a 4th order bandpass.

But the result i got is really not that good .

Can some one share your know how on building a good bandpass .

I try Front chamber 0.5 cuft front chamber 0.5 cuft . tune at 61 hz port 3" diameter 8" long

The result is not that good .

what would you have do . and suggest .

i am still elarning about box building .

can someone help me here .

i would also love if someone can add me on MSn as my mentor cos i really have so much question and i want to learn more .

If you really want to become a top notch box builder buy a few books on the subject. There are plenty of them out there. Myself, I am happy with my Subzero sealed boxes so I have never even attempted to build a box.

Regarding your situation with the 8s, my advice would be to run them in your doors and use them as midbass drivers (60hz-175hz or 200hz) and get something bigger to use as subs.

How many of these 8s do you have?? I have seen people with 4 to 8 8s set up and using them to cover 60hz and below and it sounded good, but the enclosure they were using is nothing for a rookie box builder to try to make. Trying to attain big bass with 1 or 2 8s might be kinda difficult...not that it's impossible...maybe someone else knows of a way to do it, cause I don't. I have never really looked into it that far either.

Hope that helps. Sorry I could not come up with any hard answers for you. Good luck.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.