Need some advice on gear. Been awhile

Participant count
  • Participant list

aquajunky02

Kansas
First off this is my first post here. I've been browsing the site for awhile trying to do some research. I finally decided to get an account. Anyway long story short I havent had a decent stereo in any of my cars for the last 10 years. All the new stuff is pretty overwhelming to say the least. Lol. I'm looking to install some new equipment in my 01 4wd blazer. My goals are just clean sound with a decent amount of bump. I currently have a cheap kenwood head unit I plan on keeping for the time being with Cheapo 6.5s in the front doors. Removed the blown back door speakers. And I have a kenwood 60x2 bridged to 150w on a 10" kicker comp. I would like advice on a pair of components that would sound good on my current amp. I also want to run some new subs and amp. I'm thinking I want to keep it around 500-600 watts. Suggestions on good amp/sub combos? I want subs that sound good in a sealed box. Price is semi flexible but I want to keep it reasonable.

I have a good local shop that sells a lot of brands I plan on buying from.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The local shop I plan on using stocks Phoenix Gold, Hertz, DD audio, Rockford kenwood, alpine, audison, and I maybe missing a couple? I've always ran JL subs in the past and I have a couple local dealers for them as well.

I was thinking hertz energy or diece components. Are the energy component worth the extra coin? I was thinking about having a custom made DD 1500 series. With the m45 or m8 amp (I think that's what the call em?)

When you say good as the install can you elaborate a bit? I do all my install work for the most part. I know my way around cars and was an electrician before I injured my back and decided to be a stay at home dad. I'm good at running wire. Lol

Install as in sound deadening, sealing the doors, killing road noise, the tune and time alignment, stopping the back wave. If you want it right.

A good speaker will sound like a turd or way cheaper speaker if the install *****. A OK speaker will sound better than a great speaker if it has a better install. A great speaker with a great install will make you shed tears of joy

The car itself will matter a lot, A quiet car wont need as much work

Awesome I appreciate your advice and time. I was planning on deadening the doors and back of the truck. Road noise isn't terrible, but it could use some work. I mostly just want it to sound good for a reasonable amount of cash. I mostly use it to pull my boat and going on camping trips. I travel and pick mushrooms when season is around. So when it rains we find ourselves sleeping in our trucks. My buddy and I don't pack tent cause they slow us down. It's either the stars or the trucks. Lol. So I guess what I'm getting at is the subs need to be easily moved in case I get stuck sleeping back there. Trying to keep it in relatively inexpensive since I wanna have some money to put towards a small lift kit, bigger tires and a winch. Probably gonna run a secondary battery too. All that kinda kills my stereo budget, but if shroom season is good to me next spring I can upgrade a bit.

Awesome I appreciate your advice and time. I was planning on deadening the doors and back of the truck. Road noise isn't terrible, but it could use some work. I mostly just want it to sound good for a reasonable amount of cash. I mostly use it to pull my boat and going on camping trips. I travel and pick mushrooms when season is around. So when it rains we find ourselves sleeping in our trucks. My buddy and I don't pack tent cause they slow us down. It's either the stars or the trucks. Lol. So I guess what I'm getting at is the subs need to be easily moved in case I get stuck sleeping back there. Trying to keep it in relatively inexpensive since I wanna have some money to put towards a small lift kit, bigger tires and a winch. Probably gonna run a secondary battery too. All that kinda kills my stereo budget, but if shroom season is good to me next spring I can upgrade a bit.

I can hook you up with a box for whichever subs you choose. Pm me if interested.

I can hook you up with a box for whichever subs you choose. Pm me if interested.
Awesome. I've seen a few of your builds browsing around here. Good looking work for sure. When I decide what exactly I'm gonna do I will keep you in mind. I really want to do a small sub in my wife's 2014 fiesta but that's a tiny car. Lmao

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.