Help me decide on a sound processor.

Participant count
  • Participant list

ladysmanfelpz
10+ year member

Phoenix
Title.

Have a 07 accord coupe. What I have now is only an iSimple connect for blutooth connectivity and some moderate sound dampening. Overall sounds great for a stock system, but really need an EQ to make it shine. My progress so far.

IMG_1455.jpg

IMG_1486.jpg

IMG_1485.jpg

IMG_1484.jpg

My first thoughts were MS-8. Fairly simple install and has an auto-eq so its one and done. Only thing is it only pushes deck power (18 watts), but with eq and active crossover and heavy sound deadening (I plan to do full car with MLV soon) should sound fine. But I still don't think my system will shine from all the work I put into it and know an amp will really bring out its potential. I am going for ease of install as I have only added amps and never had to tear apart a dash and install a unit with speaker level inputs and then have to rewire all my speakers. But with the car apart I think it is something I can manage.

So to include an amp I was looking at the audison bit 8.9 which delivers 35 watts per channel. No auto EQ, but with a good tune via a laptop I think I should be satisfied. It would be great if it offers 2 listening settings with the timing, one for driver and another for all like the MS-8. Does anyone know if this is possible? Also can this unit sum all signals from one speaker level line like the MS-8 does?

The big reason why I am opting for 8.9 over ms-8 is not for the power, but more size. I can fit it under my seat where MS-8 looks like it would have to go in trunk and would require another amp if I wanted more power. So I would sacrifice some ease of install for the size, but think it will be worth it. Any other products I should be looking at? Do you all think this is a project I can tackle or too far over my head?

Plan would be 35 watts to tweeters, bridged channels for 70 watts to mids, and 35 watts to 2 way 6x9's in back with band pass crossover (I believe 8.9 allows band pass control) for good bass, 30-100 hz, and soft fill, 4500 hz and + from the rear. That should give me a banging coupe. Thanks for the advice fellas.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.