Need some advice choosing an amp

smms25
10+ year member

Hey guys, I'm fairly ignorant when it comes to car audio, so I would prefer to stay with one of the larger brand names. What I plan to do is run 1 12" subwoofer (a DVC - possibly a JL W3 or less ; or a RF P1 or P2, somewhere around there)

I'm looking for a decent mono block amp(somewhere around 500 watts at 2 ohms or 300+ at 4 ohms) to power the sub. Not looking for something that will rattle my car to pieces, just add a little umph to the stock speakers in my 08 mazda (does have pioneer AVH-p4000 deck)

Amps I am considering:

1) Alpine MRP-M500

2) Rockford Fosgate R500.1

3) Kenwood KAC-8104D

Which of these would be my best choice (or none of them- and please state a better alternative)

I can get any of these amps from 100-125 new so lets say that would be my budget.

Thanks for the help

id say go with something like an AQ1200 then that leaves you room to upgrade later. You shouldnt blow your subs if you adjust your gains correctly. Audiopipe makes decent amps that do rated power also. We would be better if e knew your budget

Don't take any offense to this but the 2nd to last line says my budget (or atleast what I would plan on spending unless someone suggests a much better alternative)

Thats what I was thinking. I looked at the Audiopipe, it does look like a good one. But I think I'm going to try to get the Alpine

Hey guys, I'm fairly ignorant when it comes to car audio, so I would prefer to stay with one of the larger brand names. What I plan to do is run 1 12" subwoofer (a DVC - possibly a JL W3 or less ; or a RF P1 or P2, somewhere around there)I'm looking for a decent mono block amp(somewhere around 500 watts at 2 ohms or 300+ at 4 ohms) to power the sub. Not looking for something that will rattle my car to pieces, just add a little umph to the stock speakers in my 08 mazda (does have pioneer AVH-p4000 deck)

Amps I am considering:

1) Alpine MRP-M500

3) Kenwood KAC-8104D

Which of these would be my best choice (or none of them- and please state a better alternative)

I can get any of these amps from 100-125 new so lets say that would be my budget.

Thanks for the help
If you get rockford subs get the rockford amp.

Hey guys, I'm fairly ignorant when it comes to car audio, so I would prefer to stay with one of the larger brand names. What I plan to do is run 1 12" subwoofer (a DVC - possibly a JL W3 or less ; or a RF P1 or P2, somewhere around there)I'm looking for a decent mono block amp(somewhere around 500 watts at 2 ohms or 300+ at 4 ohms) to power the sub. Not looking for something that will rattle my car to pieces, just add a little umph to the stock speakers in my 08 mazda (does have pioneer AVH-p4000 deck)

Amps I am considering:

1) Alpine MRP-M500

3) Kenwood KAC-8104D

Thanks for the help
Consider the Alpine PDX 600.1

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.