NEED Reccomendations For Sound System In GOLF GTI 1997

Participant count
  • Participant list

xxenvythiis

wats ^ guys. i hav a 97 Golf GTI and im plannin on throwin in a FULL Soundsystem including 4 Car Speakers, 2 12"s, 2 Amps, A Capacitor, and possibly 4 tweeters. I want Really Low Bass so that it bangs and also really good sound quality of course from the vocals. i went to an audio shop and got a deal for 1400 with all that including the tweeters, LABOR, and wiring. I havent done it yet and havent found out what hes puttin in it as far as BRANDS for the equipment but the owner ASSUMES that what he uses is EXCELLENT QUALITY. I also dont want to have my subs blowing up or anything so that i have to replace something. Ill take any well thought suggestions into mind and please give me suggestions on what u would put in it. the sound system u suggest could be a totally different set up but id like to kno WHATS REALLY GOOD and WHATS NOT GOOD. i jus want my money im spending on this stuff to be worth it.

first no cap, u need to see what the shop is selling you. im sure its some low rms pos subs, and u need to see what kind of box there selling you. i say hang around here for a few weeks ask questions try to see who lives near u and talk with them to help u with a box and geting u a nice system. im sure if u have 1400 you can get somthing nice . most guys on here would help u out for a few bucks and a 12 pack.

keep it as simple as possible to start. a single set of components and a good subwoofer enclosure. any decent sub will sound good in a decent box.

Well i can tell yu that i listen to alot of hip hop rnb music and also HARDSTYLE and somtimes rock music. So i want my system to have a really good sounding hard hitting bass and at the same time hearing the vocals really well. As For Brands, i want recommendations for this type of music and im gettin 800 watt amp for the subwoofer goin in the car. i dont know how many watt amp i should buy for the speakers and tweeters.. + do i really even need the tweeters? Will the speakers and capacitor be enough to have the vocals soundin clean and sharp?.. if u could reccomend me a SETUP thatd be great like for example

Rockford fosgate Amp 800 watt

2 JL AUDIO 12" Subwoofers or mayb 2 10" kicker subs watvr would sound betr.

Rockford 2 Farad Capacitor

POLK audio 6x9 Speakers

good Wiring

a really good head unit etc.

planning on gettin noise mats in the car 2

delete the capacitor. a component system comes with tweeters and woofers (not subwoofers). either of those sub choices will sound good. like i said before, the box will make the difference. a jl w7 in a crappy box will sound like crap. a kicker cvr10 will hit hard and low in a good box. some of the best sounding systems are the simplest ones. the best sounding system i've owned was a JL 10w3 and front components, all of it ran off a 4 channel xtant amplifier. simplest, yet best sounding system i've owned. and it wasn't because i had a JL sub either.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.