Need Quick Help Please: New Kicker Amp Shutting OFF Consistently / Protection Mode

Participant count
  • Participant list

ducatiti

Ca
Planning to check ground first thing in the morning. Best place under rear seat/trunk for grounding please (VW Gold GTI)?

Here is a quick video:

Speaker/Box: Kicker 40DCWR122 Ported enclosure with dual 12" CompR subwoofers at Crutchfield.com

Amp: Kicker 12CX1200.1 Mono subwoofer amplifier — 1200 watts RMS x 1 at 2 ohms at Crutchfield.com

Installed by a Professional Installer: 4 gauge power and ground, 80 amp fuse, JL 18 ft RCA, No LOC and Remote cable required by amp. Accepts high level input with auto sensing to turn on eliminating the need of the remote wire.

I would go back to the place whoever installed it and make them fix it.

Wait a sec...a remote wire is needed to that amp which turns it on.

Thanks but my amp has a feature that eliminates the need for a remote wire. It turns on and off via the signal from the high input.

If you paid 350 bucks for that amp, you got suckered.

About the amp. ANY amp needs a remote wire to turn on. I don't care what special feature it has. You cannot run an amp and expect it to power on w/o a remote wire.

Like I said before....take it back to the place and make them fix whatever is wrong with it.....

In the video it looks like it's working and then when the bad really hits it shuts off? Cuz if that's the case it's prly wired wrong to the subs or u have the gain and bass boost and lpf and everything turned up to the max like a tar tar and the amp just shuts down.

I used that amp. When bass hits heavy, it causes the voltage to dip and the amp will shut off. I called Kicker and they verified this to be the case. NTW, this amp has a regulated power supply.

Wait a minute, how are you using the JL RCA's AND a high level input at the same time?? Makes no sense ....You need to use the low level RCA's and a remote turn on wire. And ditch that hi level crap.

Your shiz is not wired/Hooked up correctly.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.