Need port help fast!!! 2 L7 15's

sikotik
10+ year member

i have 2 L7 15's dual 2 ohm. i am putting them in an 02 civic si hatchback. i have a 6.2 cubic foot box 34" wide, 21" tall, 17.5" deep. i have the subs on the top firing upwards so i need to put the port towards the back I THINK. someone please help on how big and where. i am putting a ma audio hard kore 1800 watt amp and wiring to .5 ohm so it will push out 3600 watts.

thanks for any input

ps-looking for best SPL

cant help with the box since i didnt check meassurement and 2 tired ot think, but have upgraded your electrical for that amp?

That box is WAAAYYYYYYY too small //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

a box to hold a 15 inch l7 for spl is recommended to be 6 cubic feet. you have a box big enough for one and you tryin to cram two into it, big mistake. your gonna need a box that is 12 cubic feet . i had one in a 6 cubic foot box in tha back of a cavaleir and i had to do major cutting to get it to fit. you might wanna go back and look at everything again.

Thats a 5.0cuft box with one sub and less with 2 after port/speaker displacement.

Only big enough for one sub.

Make your port 60sq" and 10.5" deep for one 15 slam 1800-2000 at it and wang chung tonight.

If your dead set on both being in there your gonna choke it and only get 1-1.5 db more output at a full 3600 watts(which I dought it makes) and go with the same port except it will peak a lil higher and be over 60-65hz range cause your chokin the subs out and will likely sound like crap and youll hate life...........

i have a 1.2 farad cap also. and kicker says that 3.0 cubes is small enough to go ported. so someone help please and quit hatin on 1 sub cause i have 2 and i am planning on using both.

thanks

i have a 1.2 farad cap also. and kicker says that 3.0 cubes is small enough to go ported. so someone help please and quit hatin on 1 sub cause i have 2 and i am planning on using both.
thanks
Dude you box isnt even 6 cubes internal before sub or port. Either take our advise and listen or gtfo. FOOOKKKKKKKKK people drive me //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/crazy.gif.c13912c32de98515d3142759a824dae7.gif.

That is all //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif We're hating cuz you don't listen like most dam kids //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif. Prolly in high school arent ya.

Edit: Looked at sig....hope you're not still in HS //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/crap.gif.7f4dd41e3e9b23fbd170a1ee6f65cecc.gif

Well this is a nice coincidence. I re-registered on this forum again (lost my old login and can't remember the email I used, gurrr //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/furious.gif.fc81ca146dbff91fede3ed290dbc4f4c.gif ) specifically to ask about my configuration, which is almost the same as the original poster's.

I have two 15L7's and will be putting them in a 2000 Monte Carlo LS using the same MA amp. I'm planning to build the box myself, ported to 30hz. I figure if I want later I can just plug the port to try sealed. In building the box I'm shooting for about 6cf so it doesn't take up the whole dang trunk.

Now, my questions... What should the port area be? (Assume 6cf 30hz) Should the subs share airspace? Would an isobaric configuration help?

Thanks

Ok. Let me tell you a story. My friend has two kicker 15" L7's and our box is about 6.5-7ft tuned to 42hz(kicker reccomendation higher than average tuning!). When we had a Kenwood KAC-X811d on it they were getting about 1000W MAX, 1%THD@12.0V!!. It sounded decent, porbably louder than almost all peoples pairs of 12's and W7's. Then he decided to sell me the amp (sig) and he got an orion 2500D with 1/0 guage. The car has a stock luxury package chrysler vehiucle probably can withstand 2200w for short bursts. Ok when we swapped the kenwood for the orion, the difference was very very insane. It was by far the loudest vehicle in our town of about 15,000 people. It was pretty crazy and our box was built very very well, double thick face, interior resin. Then we took his back seat off and HOLY ****. Since our box had the port coming in the bottom of the rear seats wtih the subs facing upwards, (ass half backwards crx box basically) there was major cancellation in the back of the car with the subs facing that way. When we took out the seat OMG WE COULD NOT SIT IN THE CAR, WE ONCE COULD NOT EVEN CHANGE THE SONG THAT WAS PLAYING UNLESS WE PLUGGED ONE EAR AND LET THE OTHER ONE GET MURDERED! We had the kenwood metered 5 mins after installing the L7's, 04 model, into the box, still stiff, with 1000watts from the kenwood and 4 guage wire and major insulation and cancellation in the rear we hit 139.0 on the new terb lab. With the orion, 1/0 guage, and removing the insulation from the rear seats, and the 6x9s i would guess that it had better get close to 146.2 on the TL thats only a 7b increase and we spent quite a bit on the upgrades. Hope this helps, if you really have the 1800-3600 watts on tap with a good battery, then go for it and get put them in the 6ft box. You could always sell them for a setup that loves the 6ft gross box! I dont know what i would do lets see what others think. Sorry i know this post is really confusing im ****.

You said tha you wanted SPL and 30hz aint gonna get you there and will take up more airspace which you dont have........

My above specs will get you a 43-45hz tune and be good for SPL if you want 41-42hz make the port 12.5" long,if you really want 30hz then make it 31-32" long.

But like I said you can make 1 sound as loud as 2 in that small enclosure.

Have a nice day.

Naw the other dude said he wanted SPL. I want mine to hit low, even if it's not as loud on a meter. I don't intend to compete with it, daily driver.

amartin, that was an interesting story, but what does it mean for me? Which setup do you recommend I use without making the box take up the whole trunk?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.