Need opions PLEASE

Participant count
  • Participant list

Gnfanatic
10+ year member

Hey guys, jsut finished installing my system. Bought a new set of DLS up6 comp from a member 2 months ago. now everything is hooked up and my driver side tweeter sounds very low and horrible and the mid off. The other side sounds great. I put the bad tweet and mid wires on the good crossover, now they sound good. I put the amp wires from the good crossover to the bad one , no change. I swapped HU's. nothing. No one local has jsut the dls crossovers, I dont have a warranty either. what are my options>>> I have the following:

up6

zed audio amp and mono amp

Pioneer premeire p860mp

trying not to spend to much coin,

thanks!

ralph

yeah sounds like you hit the nail on the head... oh well, take it apart and look at it... its not good for much else is it? i love taking broken **** apart... learning about how **** works is cool.

Phantom, I did take it apart. part of the board was cracked which stopped the + going to the coil! I removed the protective layer down to bare copper, soldered and epoxy'd it. works perfect!

thanks!

Ralph

Are you an ******* or something? It Isnt ghetto style, I have been soldering for years, its tested out great and is now solid. Keep your ****ing stupid comments to yourself.

sweet... thats what we like to hear... TRUE GHETTO STYLE... hey... its for sound not show right? exactly
//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/laugh.gif.48439b2acf2cfca21620f01e7f77d1e4.gif

How do you think the manufacturers do it?

I'll give you a hint. It starts with "Sol" and ends with "der".

As in "Der, maybe I should think twice before doing a brain dump to the keyboard"...

//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

im not saying its ghetto for soldering it together... hell all my installs ive ever done on headunits have been solder only... i hate butt connectors and quick disconnects and such...solder looks so much cleaner with heat shrink tubing and all...just the way he described it sounded ghetto... im not too experienced in the epoxy field, and whenever i do it it comes out like crap lol. Well at least you can do it...

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.