need opinions on this box...

Participant count
  • Participant list

t1990le
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
Kennesaw, Ga
I am building a subwoofer box for a friend of mine that will replace his center console in his 1995 dodge ram reg cab. The posted pics will show the dimensions. It will hold one 12". I figure that after you cound for the wood thickness and the sub displacement, the box will be 2.5 cu ft sealed. We are going ahead and gonna build it while he waits for his aero to come it. We will add a 3" aero thats 4.5" long that will tune the box to close to 36hz. The sub is a Memphis Mclass 12". 300watts rms svc 4ohm. Any comments and opions are appreciated. How much trouble am i gonna run into with doing a sub box in place of his console?

PICS:

enclosureforandrew.png

boxdimensionsforand.png

That is only ~14 in^2 of port. That's a little less than 3 in^2 per cube. A general rule that I have heard is that aeros take about half the in^2 that square ports do.
yea, that does seem small, from all of the opinions and online calculators, that port was the best choice i got. and both of them only cost me $10 shipped so i guess im just gonna give em a try when they come in

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.