Need opinions/input for my build...*all specs/links listed*

Participant count
  • Participant list
Hey guys this is my first thread on the forum. Ive pretty much been lurking in the shadows taking in information on what i want to do but id like to get some input before i get to it. Right now im going to be doing everything as a temp build so i have time to do everything i really want to. This is going to be pretty long because i want to try to fit in all the info i have and ask all the questions up front to make it easier to get answers. Any criticism is welcome, im no professional but i do have a basic understanding.

Heres my list of everything im going to be using *already purchased*

All this stuff is either new or from my old tahoe that i dont want to replace

Truck: 2wd Chevy s10 LS ext. cab 2.2l Pewter with Dark Grey Interior

Headunit: Pioneer Deh-P8400bh Pioneer DEH-P8400BH CD receiver at Crutchfield.com

Speakers: Focal Access 165 A3 Focal Access 165A3 3-way 6-3/4" component speaker system at Crutchfield.com

80w rms @4ohms

160w max

Focal Access 210Ca1 Focal Access 210CA1 8" 2-way car speakers at Crutchfield.com

80w rms @4ohms

160w max *dont know where im putting these yet*

Amps: HiFonics XZi80.4 4 Channel for speakers Hifonics ZXi80.4 4-Channel 640 Watt Speaker Amplifier (ZXI 80.4) - ZXi 80.4

80w rms @4ohms 4channels

2x 30A external fuses *stating this for furture question*

HiFonics BRX2000.1D Mono for sub Hifonics BRX2000.1D Class D 2000 Watts Monoblock Brutus Series Car Amplifier - HIF13-BRX2000.1D

700w rms @4ohms

Subwoofer: Sundown Audio SA8v2 D2 Sundown Audio SA8v2 dual 2 - EMF Car Audio formerly Sundown Only

500w rms

Now that you know what im working with here comes my plans/questions. Im going to be mounting the amps, crossovers, distribution blocks and anything else used for the wiring to the plastic piece below the window. Obviously as it sits its not strong enough to hold all the equipment so thats why this will be temporary until i can make it the way i want. Picture is not my truck just one i pulled off the internet.

I am going to be running Kunkonceptz 1/0 Ultra Flex cable from the battery to a dist. block on the "amp rack". I want to install a circuit breaker rather than a fuse by the battery.

-The 4Channel amp has 2x external 30amp fuses on it and HiFonics recommends an external 200amp fuse for the BRX2000.1D so is it safe to assume that a 300amp breaker would be safe to use by the battery?

I believe i read that for about 15' of wire the 1/0 is rated for over 300amps correct me if im wrong. I wanted to bring the 1/0 to a distribution block and run 4 gauge to each amp.

-Again i want to use breakers so i dont need to have fuses laying around so i was thinking of using a 200amp breaker going to the Mono Amp and a 60-100amp breaker going to the 4 channel. This isnt a question but what would you suggest? I keep looking for fused dist blocks but cant find any for exactly what im doing.

From the dist block to the amps will only be a couple feet so that is why i chose not to run 1/0 to each amp. Also i realize it might be a lot of shite in one spot and make it look messy but ill be planning out exactly where everything goes and ill eventually be making a fibergalss cover for all of this to hide wiring.

-For grounding i am also running Knukoncepts 1/0 to a dist. block going 1/0 in 2x 4gauge out. Should I find a way to ground to the frame or is it sufficient to go to maybe a seat bolt or sand off some paint and bolt it to the body?

The reason i went with the SA8 is because im not looking for a deafening amount of bass. I listen to alot of Metal and im going for tighter hitting bass rather than low end bass drops.

-Should i make a sealed or ported enclosure?

I was originally going to make a jumpseat box for sealed but its turning into a pain in the arse so i put that on hold. I also have never heard this sub in person before so i dont know if it would just function better in a ported enclosure. It only requires Sealed 0.28 ft^3 or Ported 0.5-0.75 ft^3 @ 35hz so neither will take up alot of space.

-I guess the only other questions would be if i would need to upgrade to a better alternator or a higher cranking amp battery?

Right now ive just got the stock alternator which i believe is 105 amp output and I think its just a standard Interstate Battery.

All the speakers except the 8's are going to be mounted in the stock locations. I made brackets to fit them in the dash and reused the stock brackets for the doors. Im going to have to make something to fit the 8's whenever i decide on where im putting them.

As she sits

You will love those focal speakers just take your time tuning the amp,they are amazing soundin. For what you want those sa 8's will do great. I had one and it got pretty loud (for an 8) and had good sq as well! Cant speak for the rest as I havend used anything else

Thanks Justin. yea i had the focals hooked up to the 4 channel amp in my tahoe before it got totaled and i loved them but im glad to hear i made the right choice for the sub. All i really need is for someone to chime in about whether my breaker/fuse size choices are accurate and maybe a few of the other minor questions. Like i said im no pro so thats why i figured id get a second opinion

Thanks Justin. yea i had the focals hooked up to the 4 channel amp in my tahoe before it got totaled and i loved them but im glad to hear i made the right choice for the sub. All i really need is for someone to chime in about whether my breaker/fuse size choices are accurate and maybe a few of the other minor questions. Like i said im no pro so thats why i figured id get a second opinion
no problem! By the way throw those 8's in a nice custom ported box built to specs and they will shine man! Sorry I cant speak for the breaker fuse size. As for your ground question if you are going to be running two batteries it is a more superior ground to go from the negative on your front batt to the negative on your rear batt and your good! also look into the soundqubed q1-750 amp if you're running one 8, if you're planning on two 8's you can look into the q1-1200. Those are very nice amps for that price and better than the hifonics one you listed

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.