Need opinions and knowledge

chevyridinhi

Just redid my whole stereo! I recently put 2 12" Kicker L7 4ohm in a ported box in my Escalade, along with the new subs I ordered a Kicker IX1000.1 Amp. Has anyone seen or heard anything of this amp? I read it's the latest greatest from Kicker and I've always been a Fosgate amp fan myself (I have the old school 1000.1bd). The Amp is being shipped and I want to know what to expect! I assume it'll push the 2 L7's fine but if anyone has any input it would be appreciated! Thanks

need to sell it all and get betetr stuff for the same price, sorry, u just wasted your money, kicker in Chinese garbage now, same with fosgate

Personally, I would have gone for the zx1000.1 but I'm sure the ix does rated power. And yes kicker is Chinese made now. But so are many other car audio brands. But as far as the subs I wouldn't touch any kicker subs. For the price of an l7 15 I you can buy a FI BL 15 which would run circles around an L7 all day. Also All FI subs can be reconed and are customizable.

Thanks for the input fellas. I'm sure there's greater stuff out there than what I have and i'm sure everyone would love to think their's is superior. Truth is, I've owned quite a few different setups and I went back to the L7s because I've owned them before and they knock extremly hard with the correct box and power. Let's not get it twisted I didn't pay MSRP for my stuff, I'm not a shmuck. I was more interested to see if anyone's heard this AMP whether it be a Chinese piece of turd or not. @imtjnotu- I got the 2011 IX1000.1 for $399.95 brand new(MSRP $599.99). 2011 L7s $225.26 each brand new. @grandam88 I looked real hard at the difference between the IX and ZX and I knw the ZX has pulled its weight for years I just took into consideration that the comments I've read of the IX's power efficiency, size, and capability to stay cool for long periods of time. I heard after a while the ZX will heat up which doesn't concern me too much but just another factor I took into consideration when buying. If you guys hear anything on these amps fill me in, and I'll keep you guys posted on how loud my truck is when amp is connected to subs!

@HazeGrey75 No not really for SPL but then again a man doesn't really get L7s for sound quality as opposed to loud bass. I'm not trying to compete for anything because with car audio there's always gonna be someone louder than you (especially when guys have sponsers). The Escalade is my daily ride but I needed something that pounded harder than the 4 Fosgate P3s. I was looking at a pair of Rockford T2s but those are way overpriced. I've also had 12" Alpine type Rs in a sealed box and those put out a surprisingly CLEAN bass. I'm big on treble with bass (can't stand the cats that have all the bumps in the world and run stock door speakers to a crappy old pioneer deck). So I bought a pair of 2011 Kicker KS6.2 components and 2011 KS693 6X9 to go with the already existing 2 pairs of Boston SX6.5 components which were a really loud and clean bang for my buck! I would recommend the BA (Boston) components to anyone! I've also owned the old Fosgate HX2 12s which weren't that impressive. I supposed I could've ventured out and got subs that weren't Fosgate, Kicker, Alpine or another extremly commercial brand but like I said I owned the L7s in 2005 and loved them so I jsut went with what I knew. And by the way if you're wondering how I'm going to fit 3PAIRS of componenets and a pair of 6X9s in a truck that holds 2 pairs 6.5" and a pair of 4X10" I'm making a custom spot where the 4X10s are normally mounted. Wish me luck I'll be done with everything by the weekend!

Wrong grandam88 2 12"L7 4ohm subs bridged drops to 2 ohms, the amp puts out more power. If i had 1 4ohm sub that amp would be restricted to 550 watts rms. @hazegrey yes i peeped the FI website and they look great wish i could hear them..... but no sense in busting a fat nut over subs when i already spent the chips on the L7s. Does ur zx amp get hot quick? I read that's the case sometimes.

WOW.LOL. first off there will be no bridging on a mono channel amp. Secondly your L7 subs are dvc. So if you ordered dual 4 coils you only options are 1 ohm or 4 ohms running 2 of them. You can only run 1 L7 if you want a 2 ohm load. Unless you ordered dual 2 coils.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.