need more electrical ?

Participant count
  • Participant list

Drumbc

So if I wanted to run a sq2200 at .5 ohm what kind of electrical do I need at the moment I'm getting 13.6 volts to the amp idling, with drops to 12.4 music but I've got drops to 11.8 on some decaf though. I have not done the big 3 yet..... Do you think if I just do the big 3 I will be fine ? I plan as using this as a daily set up but also will be at shows, as I enter shows for my jeep and they have sound comps occasionally and I plan to show off a little there.......what do you guys think?

do the big three and see what happens.. upgrade batteries and alternators as necessary. cant speculate but id recommend keeping it above 13v at idle if you want to demo for long periods and keep the amp happy

Got brand new battery 2 months old and brand new alt 4 days old battery is decent 850cca not a crappy battery not the greatest though but it's more than what the vehicle needed...... And alt is stock 120 amp..... And you think it needs to stay above 13 volts at all times ?

how did you set your gain? are you clipping the amp hard?

id keep it above 13v if you want longevity yes, ive seen amps clip like hell on an oscope at 12v but output clean as day at 13-14v. sounds like you might need a second battery.

Wasn't clipping but wasn't using the sq2200 staying above 13v at all time sounds like it's gonna need more than big 3 plus 120 amp alt and a batt......

Cars have 12v systems.. It's fine to run your amps at 12v daily, to run a aq 2200 you should get a nice AGM batt up front with big three and that should hold pretty darn good. Get a HO alt if you buy anything to beef ur electrical up

I tried to get a ho alt but could not just 2 weeks ago as couldn't find one that would fit a jeep Cherokee without big modification or else I woulda got one but instead had to go stock...... So u think as long as I keep it above the 12v mark at .5ohms should be good ? I've got a new auto craft gold battery 850cca 1000ca

I'd say if you do anything just upgrade your stock battery in the future to a beefy agm, the biggest you can fit under the hood. Don't really think you need to go any further unless you upgrade. Then you will need to look at HO alt options.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.