Need more bass!

Participant count
  • Participant list

81z28

Looking for help. I just bought a 1981 Camaro with a Kenwood 45w radio/CD player. In the trunk is a Sony Explod XM1252 GTR 2 channel amp 800W and 6x9 rear speakers which are stamped on the bottom at 165W. I get alot of volume but not much depth or bass. What do I need to bring the bass to life? I have adjusted the radio bass and treble but not much luck. Are the components I have matched? Do I need to add a sub woofer or get better speakers? Thanking you for your help.

i would suggest a pair of 10s.you a very small trunk and if too much bass with your older camaro you'll here a lot of rattle.question really is ,how much power you wanna run, what kind of music do you listen too. then we can start from there

Yeah subs sound like the answer. I don't want to wake up the neighborhood just feel a little thump in the car. Based on my system would you recommend 1 sub or 2 and what wattage? How are they positioned in the trunk, I mean facing forward, backward or upward. I am an audio novice. Much appreciated!!

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.