Need mids and high suggestions for 00 Dodge truck

broke1
10+ year member

Alabama
Truck is a 2500 quad cab CTD.System consists of 1 JL 13w7 in a Prowedge box being pushed by Xtant x1001.I like my music LOUD and already have another x1001 for another 13w7 down the road....

Doors already have plenty of sound dampening and its a diesel with daul battery's already....I was thinking 6x9's and maybe 4 5.25's in the quad cab but am open to all suggestions.Ive got an Orion 225 hcca for the mids/highs so they better handle some power:)

Budget?

BTW, two 6x9's & four 5.25's would be waayyy too many speakers. I'd put good comps upfront properly powered, and at the most a single pair of co-axials in the rear just powered by the headunit for a little bit of rear fill for the backseat passengers. If you don't have backseat passengers very often, scrap the rearfill and put more money towards your fronts, where it really matters.

No budget but I do shop around....(2 13w7's powered by 2 xtant x1001's should speak for themselves;))13w7's in a truck with a backseat??No chance...

Ive got a set of MB Quart componets in q forms in one of my GN's and im not overly impressed with the sound coming from the kicks....My ears prefer the door area plus the fact the truck is a 5 speed and that would mean no kicks unless I lose the emergency brake and I dont want to do that on a manual vehicle.

I basically just want mids/highs that will keep up with pounding w7's hence my reason for 6 speakers(plus the 225 hcca kicks out more power the lower the ohm's)

No budget but I do shop around....(2 13w7's powered by 2 xtant x1001's should speak for themselves;))13w7's in a truck with a backseat??No chance...
Ive got a set of MB Quart componets in q forms in one of my GN's and im not overly impressed with the sound coming from the kicks....My ears prefer the door area plus the fact the truck is a 5 speed and that would mean no kicks unless I lose the emergency brake and I dont want to do that on a manual vehicle.

I basically just want mids/highs that will keep up with pounding w7's hence my reason for 6 speakers(plus the 225 hcca kicks out more power the lower the ohm's)
I take it you can do fiberglassing and modify your car?

Hows horns and say... 4x midbasses per side sound? //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

How much do you have to spend -- be specific .... $400? $800? $2k? $6k?

I have whatever amount of money it takes to get the truck to sound good and loud(lets say $1k)...No competitions or anything,I just want it loud for me.

All the horns ive ever heard are WAY to sharp and I dont want to lose any room under my dash.I do like the 4 midbass per side idea though.Anyone make a pod for going that route?

Shouldve stated im looking for the least complicated best sounding mids/highs...That is if their is such a thing,lol.

I have whatever amount of money it takes to get the truck to sound good and loud(lets say $1k)...No competitions or anything,I just want it loud for me.
All the horns ive ever heard are WAY to sharp and I dont want to lose any room under my dash.I do like the 4 midbass per side idea though.Anyone make a pod for going that route?

Shouldve stated im looking for the least complicated best sounding mids/highs...That is if their is such a thing,lol.
well if you want it to sound its best for the money -- it isn't going to be simple... I've never been the biggest horn fan in general... but there are horns/compression driver that are better than others //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif... a little EQ can take the sharpness out if you can manage to spend a little time with your setup //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Well... You can spend $500 and have something that sounds better than a $3000 setup... if you setup the $300 set ideally and the $3000 guy just throws it in wherever they can... It takes some work to get the most out of your money but it *is* worth it...

This is the place to go if you need advice and want help trying to do it right though //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

i love ologymobile's idea. but i really cant think of anything but horns to keep up with the w7's 4 mids in each door jus sounds awesome but alotta of work, but well worth it in the end

i love ologymobile's idea. but i really cant think of anything but horns to keep up with the w7's 4 mids in each door jus sounds awesome but alotta of work, but well worth it in the end
properly aimed ribbon tweeters :p -- they are fragile though -- and expensive as well -- then again mobile horns are expensive...

Other than that dual tweeters and 4 midbass drivers -- comb filtering is an issue but what can you do... you can keep it to a minimum though by keeping the tweeters close together -- or you can rely on spacial averaging over a distance and space them far apart //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif not what I'd do though... A little time alignment can go a long way though -- atleast it will create a nice little sweet spot as big as your head //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif -- screw the passenger //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.