need midrange suggestion...

Participant count
  • Participant list

Etac
10+ year member

Angry Bunny Killer
Jersey
ok im building a 3 way system for my next setup...

so far these two seem to be my two choices... either a single dayton 2 inch mid... or dual tang band 4'' speakers... i like the effiency of the dayton but im afraid it wont keep up power wise, it does have a 2 inch voice coil tho, but crossing will be more sensative... the tang bands seem nice, but ill probaly have to run two to keep up with ym mids and tweets per side... but im a little skepetical of their response graph.. heres the links to both.. any input or other suggestions would be appreciated

http://www.partsexpress.com/pe/showdetl.cfm?&Partnumber=285-020

http://www.partsexpress.com/pe/showdetl.cfm?&Partnumber=264-817

Careful with the RS52, chances are it wont be able to play as low as you want it to in a 3-way setup. Unless of course you plan to mount dedicated midbass in doors, and do the rs52 and tweets in kickpanels.

The problem with dome midranges is they have a hard time playing down to 150-200 hz like cone mids can, but if you keep the drivers near each other you can probably get away with it.

Also, have you considered the Dayton RS100? It's an excellent driver that can play down to 160hz no problem. Pretty cheap to boot.

Also, have you considered the Dayton RS100? It's an excellent driver that can play down to 160hz no problem. Pretty cheap to boot.
I second the RS100, this is great midrange driver. Also look into the Peerless 830986 or 830987, they are a little more detailed and open sounding then the RS100, but does not play as low cleanly. Either of these drivers can be an outstanding midrange in any 3 way system. They are easily worth 3 times their asking price.

I second the RS100, this is great midrange driver. Also look into the Peerless 830986 or 830987, they are a little more detailed and open sounding then the RS100, but does not play as low cleanly. Either of these drivers can be an outstanding midrange in any 3 way system. They are easily worth 3 times their asking price.
Thanks, Mark //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Too bad I couldn't fit the RS100 on my dash, the L3 should do me just fine though.

After the front stage build in my car, my pair of RS100s will go in an MTM configuration for my HT center channel, paired with a BG Neo3. Should work out pretty well.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.