Need MCX male to Motorola female pigtail

Participant count
  • Participant list

Asitw

NC
Hi,

I have replaced my radio with a Nexus 7 tablet. I have a DVB-T DAB FM dongle and a tiny antenna which is connected to the dongle via an MCX jack. I would like to connect my stock antenna, which has a Motorola plug, to the dongle, so that I can pick up more radio frequencies.

I need a pigtail which has a MCX male plug on one end and a Motorola female on the other. I haven't been able to find a cable like this online. I would rather not buy a crimper and make the cable, but if it's possible to buy a Motorola or MCX cable with a connector at one end, to which I can attach the other plug or jack I need, I'll gladly do that. The only problem is, when I search online, I'm not sure what will or won't work.

I see that some Amazon shoppers who bought the dongle I'm using purchased these cables...

Amazon.com: RF coaxial cable UHF SO239 PL259 female to MCX male right angle connector RG316 20CM: Computers & Accessories

Amazon.com: RF coaxial coax cable F female to MCX male right angle RG316 6'': Computers & Accessories

Amazon.com: RF coaxial coax cable assembly SMA male to MCX male right angle 6'': Computers & Accessories

But I'm not sure which one to buy or what Motorola jack to attach!

I'd greatly appreciate if someone could tell me exactly which pieces I need (with links, if possible).

Thank you very much.

Can you take a picture (or find one online) of the connector that is in your vehicle? I have some MCX to FME adpaters here and can change them to Motorola UHF connectors if necessary for you.. just want to make sure its what you need...

I work at a 2way radio shop and have all the correct tools to do it properly for you, just let me know...

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.