Need Input on system for my truck.

Participant count
  • Participant list

gator1873
10+ year member

I have been out of car audio for 8 years... Looking to install a custom system in my 2012 Chevy 1500 single cab. Plan on doing custom door panels, and custom woofer box. I picked up some used equipment 2 sundown sd 10" woofers, a 1200 what polk audio amp.... But dont know If I am going to use them..

Looking for sound quality (SQ) would prefer shallow mount woofers and small amps (size wise)

I don't know my brands anymore, so what would you guys buy and install with a budget of $3000 or less.

I look forward to your input

I'm one of the dealers and forum vendors here. I can help you out how much room for your subs are you using ? How big of an amp for subs ? Any electrical upgrades you wanna do ? Goals here ?

Its a 2012 Chevy 1500 Single cab truck, so there isn't much room behind seats ( two seats and center armrest ) I am looking for sound quality, but still want crisp clean bass. I was planning on doing custom enclosure for the door panels, replace stock tweeters, need H/U ( stock is double din )

Its a 2012 Chevy 1500 Single cab truck, so there isn't much room behind seats ( two seats and center armrest ) I am looking for sound quality, but still want crisp clean bass. I was planning on doing custom enclosure for the door panels, replace stock tweeters, need H/U ( stock is double din )
How tall are you ?

Not talking to a brick wall. I know what subs you bought already. But I've done a single 15 in a single cab truck in the past 12s or 10s would be fine You have really talked about power or wires or anything. If you want a more sq oriented system then there are better than the sd subs mounting depth will be a big factor. The slim subs are ok. But usually are lacking in power ratings and sq If the seat is a split bench. Then I'd do a single 12 or 15 behind the pass side maybe a b2 mono amp 2300 watts rms and a Quattro 4 channel for mids and highs. Deaden the doors roof and back wall 0 gauge wire a big 3 kit. And a good agm And double din dvd deck ,also the box this would be a nice system and would put you In at around $3000 give or take

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.