Need Input for deciding

Participant count
  • Participants list
Yeah "4" of them. That is the key point. There is other stuff out there that is better in that price range. As I said AB has its uses but try to look at other options besides AB all day long. Might be surprised at the quality vs what AB does vs something what Fi does in Las Vegas in which each one is custom built for each order vs a mass produced subwoofer.

Yeah "4" of them. That is the key point. There is other stuff out there that is better in that price range. As I said AB has its uses but try to look at other options besides AB all day long. Might be surprised at the quality vs what AB does vs something what Fi does in Las Vegas in which each one is custom built for each order vs a mass produced subwoofer.

It doesn't make sense to recommend a bunch of subs that I've never ran myself. Aren't Sundowns also mass produced in China? Here is the box for my Sundown SFB3000d. And, don't be naive about Fi being "Made in America". Believe me, I have first hand knowledge about Fi.

Screenshot_20210201-143032_Gallery.jpg

Sundown SFB Amplifiers are made in China but difference is it is a High Quality facility. And their subwoofers are made in North Carolina with some parts of course from China.

Yeah you claim you have first hand knowledge of Fi and not being made in America but yet they custom make each subwoofer to a customers choice. And yes of course the magnets come from China where else would they come from anyone knows that! Not like the US has a huge market for mining that stuff or the resources. Everyone knows that rare earth materials comes from China. And naive good grief man. Yet like others have said at least they don't call themselves American Bass.

Just because you haven't run them doesn't mean you can't recommend something else. Try listening to other peoples systems or talk to people who have run them. I've run AB and they can bite it. Will never go back again was a waste of money buying the TNT's.

Sundown SFB Amplifiers are made in China but difference is it is a High Quality facility. And their subwoofers are made in North Carolina with some parts of course from China.

Yeah you claim you have first hand knowledge of Fi and not being made in America but yet they custom make each subwoofer to a customers choice. And yes of course the magnets come from China where else would they come from anyone knows that! Not like the US has a huge market for mining that stuff or the resources. Everyone knows that rare earth materials comes from China. And naive good grief man. Yet like others have said at least they don't call themselves American Bass.

Just because you haven't run them doesn't mean you can't recommend something else. Try listening to other peoples systems or talk to people who have run them. I've run AB and they can bite it. Will never go back again was a waste of money buying the TNT's.

I didn't realize that you visited all of the build houses in China. I've never run the TNT line. Made in America and assembled in America are two different things. Just sayin!

Gee did I say I visited all or any build house in China? Nope sure didn't! You sure do like to put words in other peoples mouths around here! And you wonder why half the board has you blocked.

Facts are Sundown only does business with the higher end build houses in China and Korea. Been lucky enough to talk to them and the owners at Apex Audio several times about where and how they choose who builds their amps. Vs some of the cheaper places like Soundstream, Boss and so on.

Edit: Enjoy, to the OP best of luck. Have other things to do like go work on my dad's snowmobiles so he can go riding this weekend hopefully.

Gee did I say I visited all or any build house in China? Nope sure didn't! You sure do like to put words in other peoples mouths around here! And you wonder why half the board has you blocked.

Facts are Sundown only does business with the higher end build houses in China and Korea. Been lucky enough to talk to them and the owners at Apex Audio several times about where and how they choose who builds their amps. Vs some of the cheaper places like Soundstream, Boss and so on.

Do you really think I care if anybody has me blocked? If they want to be little bitchhes and block me, that just shows how weak they are. Read what you said again. You didn't say that you've talked to people about different build houses initially. Whatever, it is what it is.

Wondering if I should buy a sundown x-15 v2 or a sundown z-12 v5. Wanting to run just a single sub and looking for as much low end as possible.
No really a fan of either. Z is overpriced and X is a good lowend monster but is medicore for a daily setup (the mid to upper bass is lacking). I'd personally do a U15 if you had to buy Sundown for a daily setup
looking for as much low end as possible.
How lowend are we talking ? Unless you driving around playing nothing but decaf then most regular subs should play low enough for music (even most mid tier subs can play high 20s and up with no issues).
I heard those where good, my buddy has a single 10 from AB. Ill definitely look into them, thank you.
The HD15 is a very solid sub for daily. If you did look into that sub then make sure it's the most recent revision that has upgraded spiders and USA voice coil (alot of online dealers will try sell old revisions instead of the new ones)

No really a fan of either. Z is overpriced and X is a good lowend monster but is medicore for a daily setup (the mid to upper bass is lacking). I'd personally do a U15 if you had to buy Sundown for a daily setup
How lowend are we talking ? Unless you driving around playing nothing but decaf then most regular subs should play low enough for music (even most mid tier subs can play high 20s and up with no issues).
The HD15 is a very solid sub for daily. If you did look into that sub then make sure it's the most recent revision that has upgraded spiders and USA voice coil (alot of online dealers will try sell old revisions instead of the new ones)
Any comparable subs to the ZV5’s with the same price point or even lower seeing as you feel they’re overpriced?

Any comparable subs to the ZV5’s with the same price point or even lower seeing as you feel they’re overpriced?
I'd rather have a SSA ZCON for almost half the price. No disrespect to Sundown but I have known way to many people that try to run there SPL line for daily use and usually the results are not what they want. Unless your metering or are obsessed with decaf then I would lean towards something geared for daily (too many people obsess over intangibles like "ohhh the magnet is so big" or "ohhh there so under-rated, they can take 2x RMS").

If it was my car I would run his amp at 2ohms and get an Adire Audio Tumult 15 on sale for $500. Amazing low-end, enough motor force to rattle your entire car, and borderline audiophile level sound quality (people use this sub for home theaters, it's no joke)

Last edited:
Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.