Need input and suggestions...

Participant count
  • Participant list

craigzter
10+ year member

erm..hello.
sville, ar
Okay to start off, I have a regular cab 01 silverado and it is 5spd. I am planning on running a single 12 and locating box and sub in center console area. Anyone have any experience with this? I have been playing around with some drawings both paper and paint, not too inclined with sketchup lol. I am looking at ~2.5cubes @ 32 for a SQ HDS312 or possbly a DD 3512. Sub up and port forward is how I have it going now, suggestions on that is welcomed as well.

I just need some criticism on what I have came up with and just seeking some answers as to if it would sound good with what I have in mind. Any suggestions, input or whatever is welcome.

Thanks...attactched is a pic I done up in paint for just a general idea of what I need and max dimensions...though it can be redone by shortening the depth of the box and making it somewhat higher(up to around 16.5" external) the width is maxed out to 14-14.5" external.

View attachment 26548326

Thanks fellas...

It looks find Craig. The dd subs love a lot of port I'd down fire tho I think. Or even a big sealed box. They'll surprise you
You think I could fit one of those AB vfl's in there with the room I have? Hate regular cabs for this purpose, been trying to find someone who has done a center console with a 5 speed truck, all I can find are autos. That shifter really messes me up on the full amount of space I need. My other option is to use the area behind the seats and bring the sub between the seats and forwards a little with port out bottom passenger side.

Thanks fellas...

You think I could fit one of those AB vfl's in there with the room I have? Hate regular cabs for this purpose, been trying to find someone who has done a center console with a 5 speed truck, all I can find are autos. That shifter really messes me up on the full amount of space I need. My other option is to use the area behind the seats and bring the sub between the seats and forwards a little with port out bottom passenger side.
You prolly can unless your like 6'+ tall. I did a reg cab dodge a while back for a member with a lvl 5. 15 made the box custom with a bit more room behind the drivers side. Most of the box and the sub was behind the pass side also had a amp rack built in the box with the amp behind the drivers side. Turned out really nice. And got deep and loud

You prolly can unless your like 6'+ tall. I did a reg cab dodge a while back for a member with a lvl 5. 15 made the box custom with a bit more room behind the drivers side. Most of the box and the sub was behind the pass side also had a amp rack built in the box with the amp behind the drivers side. Turned out really nice. And got deep and loud
Nice! Im 5'10'' got a little room to play with behind my seat. Passenger seat I have a little more room to play with as most people are shorter than me who ride with me, mostly I ride solo.

I was going to ask this wolla go but what about going with 4" aeros?!

Nice! Im 5'10'' got a little room to play with behind my seat. Passenger seat I have a little more room to play with as most people are shorter than me who ride with me, mostly I ride solo.
I was going to ask this wolla go but what about going with 4" aeros?!
You can. I did a slot port on the box bottom firing to the drivers side. It was like 3" x 6" x 18" long

You can. I did a slot port on the box bottom firing to the drivers side. It was like 3" x 6" x 18" long
Okay so if I did the single 12, hds312, behind the seats. I scooted my seat up enough to where I felt comfortable enough to drive/shift and im right at 9" on bottom and about 6-6.5" up top behind my seat and 52" across and 14" high o.0

Yep. And behind your seat. Recess the box a bit for the amp to mount there. Also the sub will be mounted as far down towards the bottom of the box so it will fit. You can also move the passenger seat up more to get another inch or two for mounting the sub

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.