Need help!

Participant count
  • Participant list
Alright, so I have been researching about my alternator and turns out I have an 80 amp alternator... Not quite what I thought id have... I have a Pioneer DEH-8400BH head unit and JBl-P660C comp speakers powered by a Hifonics BRX160.2. I was just wondering with that setup going, what can I upgrade to as far as a sub and amp goes concerning amperage... I'm worried that if I even add another amp my alternator would struggle to run the car... I'm getting a new car in about a year... Do I have enough spare amperage to get a sub going in there or should I just wait?

You can get away with a descent, solid, efficient 800-1k rms for sub(s) in addition to what you have now with your vehicle running for daily listening provided you have adequate power & ground wiring & your big 3 upgraded - I'd also get a volt gauge wired up so you can monitor it when you are cranking it up loud - I've ran more than that on a stock 80 amp alt - for daily music you won't have an issue provided the alt is healthy, your batt is healthy, & you do as I mentioned already //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.