need help!!!

Participant count
  • Participant list

David0321
10+ year member

well i recently purchased a zxkicker 650.4 and some infinity kappas 6 1/2 3 way 225w..and the amp cuts off after playing for about 10 or 15 min it gets real hot..anyone might know what my problem is? im running 0 gauge cable..and its wired the right way..i was thinking it was maybe cuz the speakers are 2 ohms? maybe i need some 4 ohms? any help is aprecciated..thanks ppl

You say it's wired correctly but that doesn't say much.

1) Do you have a good sanded and solid ground.

2) Where is your amp mounted, is it mounted upside down?

3) Is the amp 2 ohm stable per channel?* I doubt this!

* If it's not, for the right price I will buy the amp, and suggest you acquire a JL amp which is, or any other amp that is.

Those amps are defiantly 2 ohm stable unless bridged, so like dj said check your grounds. What kind of voltage are you getting at the amp? Is the amp bridged to 2 channel?

i just unbolted one nut from the back seat of my truck (2008 silverado crewcab) and bolted it there...and the amp is just on the floor or (carpet) its not bolted down

try a different ground point ,sand the paint to the metal first..alot of people will think that they can get a good ground from there but thats not always the case.

^^ ill try that in a bit..and i was talking to one of my friends and he says those speakers are no good cuz there 2 ohms and i think they drop the amp down to 1ohm and it cant pick up all 4 speakers

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.