Issues with JVC KD-G320 car stereo

Participant count
  • Participant list

IowaMan

Hi, I am new to this forum. I bought a car that has a JVC KD-G320 stereo in it and I am having problems with it. It worked fine for first day or so but then it started having problems with we could not preset any stations, we could not change stations, we could not turn volume up or down, etc. the only thing we could do was play a CD and eject it but couldn't change tracks. Now today the stereo is doing something different...the only way the stereo will go on and off is when the ignition is turned on or off, no matter what button you push on the unit it shows the same thing which is usually, "ext in" and/or l/o, and/or woofer, rear" You cannot select a band even, (FM, AM, etc) We have taken off the face plate and cleaned it, we have disconnected battery cable to reset it as reset on the unit did not work, we have read the user's manual over and over and still cannot seem to figure out what is causing us these problems. We have also cleaned the contacts on stereo and faceplate. I would appreciate any suggestions you could give me in regards to how to resolve these issues. Thanking you in advance.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.