Need Help!!!!!

Participant count
  • Participant list

bigfun101
10+ year member

Miami,FL
I am trying to install a system in my 2000 MR-S. I am very limited on space. I have a guy buliding me a custom Sealed box for 2 10in subs with a of volume 0.5. I wanted to get 2 Hifonics TXI6406. I was thinking of running it this way the amp to the subs would run 2 x 340 Watts RMS @ 4 Ohm Bridged and the the 2nd amp would run 4 x 85 Watts RMS @ 4 Ohm on Hifonics ZXI6.5C 6.5 speakers and tweeters. But the more I read the more I am confusing myself.

ok I guess my question are:

1. What type of subs should I buy 2 or 4 ohms?

2. should I run my subs in parallel,series?

3. I am upgrading my head unit but am waiting a month or so because I want to get one with a GPS unit in it, so right now the head unit I have in the only has one set of pre-amps on it, do I have to buy a crossover to run both amp?

4. If anyone else has a small car or even better a MR-2 or MR-S and put a system in it where you installed your amps? I do not think I am going to be able to put them on the back of sub box and I dont think I have room under my seat

Any help would be great!!!!!!!! //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/veryhappy.gif.fec4fed33b4a1279cf10bdd45a039dae.gif

No you do not need a crossover the amps should have one built in, and buy 4 ohm subs or dual 2 ohm voice coil subs. Hope that helps.

You lost me.. Why do you want TWO TXi6406's?
-Bill-
Its really amazing. no need to make things so confusing.

To the OP...

Ever heard the saying. KISS= Keep It Simple Stupid.(not saying you are)

1. Get 2 dual VC 4 ohm subs

2. Get ONE mono amp that does the power you need for the 2 subs at 1 ohm.

3. Get 1 two channel amp for the comps.

Its really amazing. Ever heard the saying. KISS= Keep It Simple Stupid.(not saying you are)
1. Get 2 dual VC 4 ohm subs

2. Get ONE mono amp that does the power you need for the 2 subs at 1 ohm.

3. Get 1 two channel amp for the comps.
Okay.. And he wants two 4-channel amps... To power two subs and a set of comps. What am I missing?

-Bill-

Okay.. And he wants two 4-channel amps... To power two subs and a set of comps. What am I missing?
-Bill-
Nothing, thats the point. Hes confusing us all. check my post again, I edited it to make it not look like I was talking to you.

Oh.. ok. I've been sitting here cross-eyed wondering what the OP was trying to accomplish, then I thought you were encouraging his decision.. So I was in a "Wtf??" situation.. But I gotcha' now. ;-)

-Bill-

I am trying to install a system in my 2000 MR-S. I am very limited on space. I have a guy buliding me a custom Sealed box for 2 10in subs with a of volume 0.5.

Whiever you choose make sure the Thiel-Small numbers indicate the subs will work in that volume, otherwise they wont sound good.

I am trying to install a system in my 2000 MR-S. I am very limited on space. I have a guy buliding me a custom Sealed box for 2 10in subs with a of volume 0.5. I wanted to get 2 Hifonics TXI6406. I was thinking of running it this way the amp to the subs would run 2 x 340 Watts RMS @ 4 Ohm Bridged and the the 2nd amp would run 4 x 85 Watts RMS @ 4 Ohm on Hifonics ZXI6.5C 6.5 speakers and tweeters. But the more I read the more I am confusing myself.

2. should I run my subs in parallel,series?

3. I am upgrading my head unit but am waiting a month or so because I want to get one with a GPS unit in it, so right now the head unit I have in the only has one set of pre-amps on it, do I have to buy a crossover to run both amp?

4. If anyone else has a small car or even better a MR-2 or MR-S and put a system in it where you installed your amps? I do not think I am going to be able to put them on the back of sub box and I dont think I have room under my seat

Any help would be great!!!!!!!! //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/veryhappy.gif.fec4fed33b4a1279cf10bdd45a039dae.gif
Alrighty..

1. Before deciding impediance, find a sub that will work decent in a .5 cubic box

2. Now is when you choose your impediance and match a mono amp (two 2-ohm subs = 2-ohm mono amp, two 4-ohm subs = 4-ohm mono amp) and buy a 200W 2-channel amp for your components.

3. Use RCA splitter or speaker level inputs on amp

4. can't help you here.

-Bill-

WOW thanks for all the great information, sorry if I confussed some of you guys out there. All I knew is I wanted to put a system in my car and started doing some rescrech and the more I did the more I got confused!! That is why I put this post up here (and glad I did because looks like I would have bought alot of wrong stuff!!) So I am going to look for a:

1 mono amp to run my subs

1 2 channel amp to run my mids and highs

and I do not need a crossover

I hope I have this right I hope to get this installed this weekend and will try to post some pics //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

again thanks for all your help and if there is any more advice out there for me

BIGFUN101

O one last question and sorry if this is stupid but I am trying to get caught up to speed ASAP on this. and I guess this is where I am getting a little confused. and I am just pulling these numbers out of my butt here, but lets say I find a subs that are dual voice coil and the manufacture says that the sub is rated at 400 RMS, 200 RMS for each coil. Now if I get 2 subs that is a total of 800 RMS of power. I buy a mono amp that is running 700 RMS. I can run this amp to both speakers and it won’t blow them??? The reason I am asking is because like I said I only have space for 2 amps one under each seat so I need to try to get the most out of the space I have

Thanks again

BIGFUN101

Hopefully you've already determined that the subs will work in that small of an airspace.

As for power, look for an amp that will give you about an extra 50% headroom. In your example, with two 400wrms subs, look for an amp that will put out 1200wrms.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.