Need help with wiring. Subwoofer to amp.

cchheett
10+ year member

Oregon
I will be getting a system for my truck soon. I am going to buy an amplifier "HIFONICS BRUTUS BRZ1200.1D". I will buying 2 4ohm dual voice coils subwoofers. I will be hooking the subs up using a parallel set up.This will be a 2ohm setup. Here is a diagram that i understand . But the amp I will be getting is a mono amp. but it has 4 places to hook the subwoofers. Im not sure where do i hook the 2 wires that i would have left over after hooking the subs to each other. I'm sure there not bridged etc. I'm very new to this stuff so I know that what im trying to saying might be confusing. Thanks for any info. View attachment 26536029

I will be getting a system for my truck soon. I am going to buy an amplifier "HIFONICS BRUTUS BRZ1200.1D". I will buying 2 4ohm dual voice coils subwoofers. I will be hooking the subs up using a parallel set up.This will be a 2ohm setup. Here is a diagram that i understand . But the amp I will be getting is a mono amp. but it has 4 places to hook the subwoofers. Im not sure where do i hook the 2 wires that i would have left over after hooking the subs to each other. I'm sure there not bridged etc. I'm very new to this stuff so I know that what im trying to saying might be confusing. Thanks for any info. View attachment 26536029
First, If they are dual voice coil subwoofers you can't wire them to 2Ω, that diagram is for single voice coil subs. You can wire dual voice coils to 1Ω or 4Ω.

Second, on a mono amp there are two +'s and two -'s, but they are connected internally. If you were to wire two subs to a mono amp, and connect each sub directly to each of the outputs on the amp, they will be connected in parallel. So, if you look at the diagram, you wouldn't need wires going from one sub to the other, instead both subs would connect at the amp and the final load will be the same.

View attachment 26536032Thanks for the help. I still am a little confused. Is this new diagram what i should be looking at now."picture" The subs that im contemplating are Sundown audio E series. If i was to buy 2 E12 Dual 2 Ohm Subwoofer . I want to get a 2 ohm load of the amp.

why would u want a 2 ohm load... that amp is 1 ohm stable which means more power for you, wire them like vaiboy already stated, both of them directly to the amp and it will be a 1 ohm load 500ish watts per sub

The subs that im going to get are 400 each rms. The amp says its 900 watts at 2 ohm. The amp says 1200 watts at 1 ohm. I'm not sure if is should do 1 ohm. As everyone can tell im new to this.

I'm going to check out those links just posted. Thanks everyone for helping.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.